Chapter Thirty-Three - Revolution

It works!! Thank you so much to all the people that have been voting on my book whilst I've been on an edit-frenzy, unable to upload something new to you all. Hope you enjoy!

I walk into the living quarters in excitement which quickly turns to puzzlement, staring at the many screens depicting the citizens of the city. "The burgers are cheesed, the dogs are hot, and the fireworks are about to begin," Cyborg says. "Man, I love the Fourth of July!"

Starfire moves over to the robotic teen, patting a spot on the couch in between her and Robin, and I jump over the couch graciously, placing my feet on the coffee table. "Please. This is a celebration of the month July, or the number four?" the alien princess questions.

"Neither," Robin replies cooly, leaning forward and addressing Starfire. "It's Independence Day, sorta like America's birthday."

"Oh! Should we then bake the America a cake?"

"No cake, and no tea!" Beast Boy exclaims from right above me, and I look up curiously. "See, it all started back in 1492 with this tea party, in Boston. King George, or maybe it was King Norm, anyway..."

"It was King George the Third," I correct, causing Cyborg and Raven to laugh at the green teen and Robin to grin, Starfire giving me a knowledgeable smile.

Beast Boy glares at me and clears his throat. "Anyway..." he explains. "... the British were trying to make the colonists drink all this tea. But they were like, 'Dude! No way! We're sick of nasty, old tea and your crummy, English muffins!' So they decided, 'Revolution!' "

"That's not what happened," I say.

"Where'd you learn history? A cereal box?" Raven questions, leaning back.

Beast Boy looks down at her. "What's your point?" he asks, and I sigh quietly in disgust--not to be mistaken by disbelief.

"Okay," Robin announces, catching our attention, "the fireworks should be starting in five..."

"... Four... three... two..." we chant, joining in as the television counts down to the fireworks.

Static interrupts the countdown, before the face of a familiar British villain fills the screen. "Hello, my duckies," he simply says.

We all jump out of our seats, Starfire gasping in horror. "Mad Mod!" Robin shouts.

"Oh, come on!" I exclaim, even though the villain can't see or hear me.

"So sorry to interrupt, but your revolution will not be televised," he explains, as if he did indeed hear me. "Matter of fact, it's been outright cancelled... as in, it never happened!"

Mad Mod twirls his cane and a hypnoscreen appears in his place. "Don't look!" Robin orders, and I pull my arm to cover my eyes, just like everyone else.

After a few tense moments of waiting, Mad Mod continues, but I don't look up--just in case the hypnoscreens are still active. "You American colonies have been rebellious long enough," he says. "I'm reclaiming this city in the name of jolly old England! And you lot had best bow down before your new ruler... King Moddy the First!"

The villain spirals off into maniac laughter before finally stopping. "That would be me." Mad Mod cleares his throat, and I turn around so that I can finally open my eyes. The other Titans are already on the move, and Cyborg grabs me by the hand just as the others run out the door.

"The American Revolution was a hoax," Mad Mod corrects, his voice echoing throughout the city and beyond. "The Declaration of Independence is a tissue of lies."