Chapter Twenty-Three - Betrayal

Enjoy!

The wall to the building explodes as several Slade bots walk out, an explosive in their possession. Robin throws a birdarang that hits the front bot in the face, bringing their attention to us as Robin catches the weapon. "Tell Slade the Titans have a message for him," he says.

Terra and I stand on floating rocks: her hands illuminated with yellow colour, and mine with brown. "Eat dirt!" we say in unison, sending the rocks at the bots.

"Titans! Go!" Robin shouts, setting us in motion. I somersault back onto another rock and fly the one I was on to Robin, who jumps on it. He jumps off and kicks one bot back, the rock taking the other one out.

Starfire shoots lasers at the bots whilst Raven lifts up a rock. "Ember! Terra! Catch!" I fly away as Terra catches the boulder and slams it on the bots.

"Thanks a ton," she says to the half-demon.

"Closer to two tons, actually," Raven replies. One of the Slade bots flies behind the pair and I shoot it back with tiny daggers made of water, pinning it to a nearby tree. In a panic caused by the impending danger, Terra falls off her rock and onto the ground. I watch as Beast Boy jumps over her, protecting the blonde, and head to fight other bots.

Robin whacks the Slade bots away from him and I lift us both into the air. A thin pillar of earth rises up with us from the ground and I snap it into a staff before smirking at our opponents, my eyes glowing blue. Chains made of water emerge from small cracks in the floor and hold the bots whilst Robin and I hit them away. I hear a small click and whip around, only to find nothing there.

    "Boo-yah!" Cyborg shouts, pushing the last Slade bot over.

    We all walk over to the mechanic teen, exchanging high fives. "Now that that's done..." Beast Boy begins, wiggling his eyebrows in the direction of Terra. "Who wants pizza?"

~~~

    All seven of us sit around the dining table, staring fondly at the one pizza box in front of us that isn't empty. "And the last slice of pizza goes to..." Cyborg spins the box, and when it stops, it points to the blonde girl. "Terra!"

    "All right!" Robin cheers as Beast Boy stares at the girl lovingly.

    "Whoooo!"

    "You are the winner!" Starfire exclaims.

    "Congratulations," Raven says.

    Cyborg stands up and pulls Terra up with him. He mimics a microphone in his hand as he talks to the girl. "Just a rookie, and you're an MVP holding the coveted Four-Cheese Trophy. Terra..." He gestures to us. "...the world wants to know. How does it feel?"

    "Um... good... and kinda greasy," Terra says.

    Robin and Starfire walk up to her. "Seriously, Terra, great job tonight," the leader tells her. "We're glad to have you on the team."

    "And we are most mirthful to claim you as our friend," Starfire adds.

    "Yeah," Raven says from beside me. "What they say." Beast Boy changes into a dog and licks Terra's face, turning back to human form once she laughs.

    "Beast Boy..." Her expression changes entirely when he steps back. "Thanks, guys, really, for everything," Terra tells us, almost nervously. "But you shouldn't. I'm just doing my job, you know? No big deal."

    Beast Boy scratches his neck and tries not to blush. "Well, it's a big deal to us. Good friends don't come along every day, you know?"

    Cyborg walks up to the door and scans his palm. "All right, y'all," he says, yawning. "Titans Tower's locked up and Cyborg's shutting down."