Chapter Fifteen - Every Dog Has His Day

I was so unmotivated to write this chapter, it's literally a massive cat and mouse! I hope the quality doesn't deter too much and the next episode will be better, I promise. :)

    I run next to Robin as he and I barrel through different cut outs. I fly into the air as Robin goes to kick the next one to me, but let out a warning when I notice Beast Boy standing in front of the target. Quickly, I lift Beast Boy into the air and once Robin lands the kick, let gravity pull him down with a thud.

    "Hey, Ember and Robin," the shapeshifter says as Robin helps him up. "Need a workout buddy?"

    Robin and I exchange looks. "Sorry, Beast Boy. But this is more of a duo thing." He looks at said male and raises an eyebrow at his state. "You okay?"

    Beast Boy turns away. "Awesome," he mutters as he slinks off towards the Tower.

    "Something's up," I note, turning to the masked leader next to me. "Do you know what?"

    Robin shrugs. "Not a clue."

    "Let's get back to training," I say, turning to the next cut out and jumping towards it. I turn around and kick it to Robin, who smacks it to the ground. Just then, our communicators beep and without a word, I lift him up to the roof and we climb down the stairs. Cyborg's already at the screen, and soon, Starfire and Raven join us.

    "Trouble!" Robin informs them, and Starfire frowns.

    "Where is Beast Boy?"

    "No time to find out," he replies quickly. "Titans! Go!"

~~~

    Robin feels the singed ground as we all search for clues. Raven walks back and looks at us. "Word is, it was some kind of flying saucer," she explains.

    "Whatever it was, my sensors can't track it," Cyborg tells us. "Didn't leave any kind of trail."

    "But it did leave this." Robin stands up and looks at us. "Something got zapped. Question is, what?"

    I pick up what appears to be a Titans communicator. "Maybe it's a matter of who," I say vaguely, and Starfire gasps.

    "Beast Boy!"

    Cyborg takes it from my hand and smells it. He repulses at the scent and holds it away from him. "It's BB's, all right. Smells like tofu."

    Starfire takes it from him next and looks at it in disdain. "Oh, I fear our friend has gotten the zap," she cries as she cradles the device.

    Suddenly, a green dog comes out of nowhere and tackles Raven to the ground. "He looks fine to me," Raven comments as we all run to her aide.

    "Beast Boy! You are unharmed!" Starfire exclaims as he picks him up.

    "Where have you been?" Cyborg asks sceptically.

    "Did you get a look at the UFO?" Robin adds, but the dog just jumps on Raven again, this time starting to lick her.

    "Ugh! Don't make me send you to another dimension," she threatens, and when he still doesn't stop, she pushes him off herself.

    "All right, Beast Boy, quit fooling around. We've got work to do," Robin says to the shapeshifter, his voice suggesting impatience. "Beast Boy!"

    Beast Boy simply chases his tail, and we take a step closer. "Friend!" Starfire calls. "Why will you not resume human form and speak to us?"

    "Maybe he can't," Cyborg offers. "Maybe something's wrong with him." Cyborg opens up his scanner to check his biometrics, but it comes as a negative. "That's strange." Beast Boy runs to a car and disappears into the street. "Yep. Definitely something wrong with him."