Chapter Fifty-Eight - Kole

From the T-Ship, I survey the scene before me. A mesmerising aurora lights up the sky, illuminating Doctor Light and his machine, and one large, cerulean crystal shines under the stars. It is held in place by the mechanism the villain supposedly created, and he stands beside it proudly—and also vastly in the open.

    "Brilliant, if I do say so myself," Doctor Light monologues, seemingly still unaware of our presence. "My dazzling creation will transfer the energy from the sky into my suit!"

    The villain pushes a button on a nearby panel, and eight circles on the platform flicker alive with a vibrant yellow colour. The crystal turns green—as a result of the blue-yellow combination, more than likely—and rainbow light begins to stream from it. The energy flows through a transparent tube, connected to Doctor Light's suit.

    "Soon, I'll have all the power of the Northern Lights at my fingertips! And up here at the Arctic Circle, no one will ever come to stop me!"

    I chuckle at the irony, content that there's no way he can hear me, as the T-Ship speeds across the plain. Doctor Light's expression contorts to that of disappointment and surprise as he spots our vehicle, instantly recognising it.

    The T-Ship comes to a stop and Robin's compartment opens, revealing him to our adversary. "Wanna bet?"

    I hop out of the ship, and the others do the same. "The Teen Titans," Doctor Light sneers, glaring down at us. "Even you will be no match for my enhanced powers."

    He throws something—I have no idea what—but Raven protects us with an energy shield. "Doctor Light, why do you even keep trying?" she asks, huffing.

    "If at first you don't succeed..." The villain turns a knob and two more tubes appear above the crystal. They begin to pump more energy into the villain, and he grins down at us condescendingly.

    "That can't be good," I grumble.

    Raven's shield dissipates, leaving us all free to attack. I jump into the air and shoot pellets of water out of my skin, attempting to sever the energy connection. Doctor Light sees this, however, and blasts me back, breaking my own connection and sending me flying.

    The three boys attack together, running up to Doctor Light. By holding out both his hands, however, he directs a large, yellow beam towards them that they're forced to avoid. I hold out my hand and the ice rises before them, suffering the majority of the blow in case they can't dodge in time.

    I rise to attack once more, but before I'm even given the chance Doctor Light extends both hands. The yellow blast hits me square in the chest and my back hits the snow, which does little to soften the blow.

   "Don't we normally beat his butt by now?" Beast Boy asks, poking his head out from a giant crater.

    "And to think, I'm not even fully charged yet!" Doctor Light replies, still standing with the machine.

    "I'm putting your machine out of order!" Robin throws two explosive discs, but the villain wields a rope made entirely of energy; it slices through the Boy Wonder's weapons and leaves them scattered on the ground.

    "It looks like your weapon is the one that's out of order!"

    Cyborg steps forward, hand on his sonic cannon. "Sound trumps light every time!" He fires the weapon and it hits the yellow circle in the very middle of the machine. It cracks and so does the crystal, but nothing seems to happen as a result.

    "I devised the synthetic diamond myself!" Doctor Light states. "It's built to withstand a force a thousand times greater than you could ever give!"