Chapter Six - Nevermore

When I say this one took ages, I mean it. It took me so long to decide where Ember should be placed in the episode, but I think I did well. Let me know. I'm open to criticism.

Cyborg, Robin, Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy and myself stand in the middle of the road in the middle of the night, our bodies facing a knocked over van that has money spilling out of it. A middle aged man stands on top of the van, his hands glowing with unnatural yellow light.

    "Your pathetic skills can't outshine the brilliance of Doctor Light!" He shouts, clasping his hands together and shooting the beam at us. We all jump in the air and away from the blast, and Robin throws a birdarang at Doctor Light. He dives out of the way and Robin lands on the van, where he once was.

    "You're fast, but I doubt you'll enjoy moving at the speed of light!" The villain exclaims as the same yellow light shines from his chest, aimed at the masked leader. I run at him and push him out of the way before shooting flames out of my hands. It hits the light right before the light hits me, and I push my hands harder. The flames work their way over to Doctor Light, before zooming towards me. The impact of both the flames and the light sends me flying into the air.

    As I'm running back, I see Beast Boy change into a wolf and charge at Doctor Light. "A wolf is no threat when it's blind as a bat!" He says, shooting several white balls of light at the animal. He lets out a groan and changes back into a human, rubbing his eyes in order to see clearly.

    Starfire shoots her starbolts at Doctor Light, but the man blocks it with a protective field that surrounds him with no gaps. Once the force field disappears, he throws a device under Starfire, enclosing her fully.

    "Watch yourself, lightweight," Cyborg says, holding half of an axle. "Things are about to get heavy!" He swings it down over his head, but he misses Doctor Light, the force of the hit sending the villain back. He throws a red disc at the Titan, and when the smoke disappears, he is revealed to be almost entirely covered in stone. "Uh! Hey! Let me..."

    "Now if nobody minds, I'll be taking the gold," Doctor Light says, moving towards the van.

    "I mind," Raven replies. "Azarath Metrion Zin—" she's cut off with a short burst of light that hits her square in the chest, knocking her to the ground.

    "Bit of advice. Find shorter magic words," Doctor Light teases, his hands beaming with his yellow light. Raven grabs a moped and throws it at the villain, but he blasts it effortlessly. Another blast, aimed at Raven once again, knocks her back even further.

    "Don't come any closer," Raven warns.

    "What's the matter? Afraid of the light?" Doctor Light sneers, and this tips Raven off. Her eyes turn red as she turns around, black tentacles emerging from under her cloak.

    "No! No! My suit! What are you—? No, stop, you win. I surrender!" The villain shrieks whilst being dragged under the cloak by the tentacles.

    "What's the matter?" Raven asks in a demonic voice. "Afraid of the dark?"

    "I surrender! No!" Doctor Light yells, begging for mercy.

    "Raven! Stop!" Robin calls as he and I make our way over. Her eyes stop glowing red and she gasps, as if struggling to breathe in air.

    "Raven!" I yell, chasing after the half demon.

    "It's okay," I hear Robin tell Doctor Light. "You're going to be all right."

    "It was...no...so dark...make it stop...make it stop," he says, shuddering.

    "Dude!" Beast Boy says as he and Cyborg make their way over. "Raven, what did you do?" Raven's eyes turn red and I shoot Beast Boy a warning look before placing my hand on Raven's shoulder in an effort to calm her. She has the same reaction as before: her eyes return to normal and she gasps loudly. "What's her deal?" Beast Boy asks as Raven and I walk off.