Chapter Sixty-Seven - Trouble in Tokyo, Part One

Thank you so much to @-GoldenxAngel for helping out, particularly with the final chapter!

    A whirlwind of pink smoke erupts from the small lorry truck up ahead and wafts towards us. My eyes turn white, and I hold my hand out to part the mist to see what's going on; a masked man dressed in pink and blue runs through the middle of the road, an assortment of explosive shurikens in his hand.

    The criminal's gaze locks on an occupied bus, and my eyes flicker red. From beside me, Robin pulls a birdarang from his utility belt and throws it in the masked man's direction; his deadeye accuracy knocks the shuriken out of his hands. Beast Boy attempts to swoop him in falcon form, but he dodges both the shapeshifter's attack and all impending energy blasts, including my own.

    Robin's birdarang returns to him and he catches it in the air. "Since you're new in town, we're going to make this very simple."

    "Stop now!" Starfire spells out.

    "Yeah, man," Cyborg says. "The locals don't like it when you blow up their stuff."

    Robin's gaze narrows at the criminal as he prepares a fighting stance. "Put your hands in the air and—"

    Ignoring the Boy Wonder's command, the masked man jumps into the air, in the opposing direction to where we stand. A pink trail of smoke follows his retreating figure, making our imminent job of finding him much easier.

    "—ignore everything we said," I finish, sighing tiredly. "Great."

    "Hands in the air, dude," Beast Boy whines, "not your whole body!"

    Raven, who had taken to the skies to follow the criminal and now floats above all of us, turns back to the shapeshifter in agreement. "Tourists," she grumbles, before continuing on her path.

    "Titans! Go!"

    By the time the words have left the Boy Wonder's mouth, Starfire and I have both lifted into the air alongside Raven. Robin and Cyborg board the R-Cycle and T-Car—their respective vehicles—and Beast Boy transforms into a cheetah behind them.

    "Anybody got a clue what this genius is after?" Raven questions from beside me.

    Cyborg rolls the driver's window down and pokes his head out. "Who cares what he wants? What he's getting is a helping of Grade-A-butt-whoop!"

    "All right, team. Let's see what he's made of!"

    True to his word, Robin releases two missiles from the sides of his motorcycle. The masked man lags in the air, falling back slightly before arming himself with two shurikens and destroying the projectiles. He stops in the air, and the three of us airborne are forced to avoid him.

    Raven and Starfire loosely follow Robin and Cyborg, but my gaze turns to tunnel vision and all I can see is the criminal's bright pink and blue accessories. I round the corner to the side street only to watch Beast Boy turn into a turtle below me—two shurikens are thrown at him with incredible pace.

    My hands fly out and my eyes turn white; they are stopped before hitting the Titan, and are harshly returned to their owner. The shots miss, however, and the criminal flies back onto the main road unscathed.

    "Update:" —I pull my communicator out and speak into it— "he's made of a lot."

    As I fly Beast Boy into the air, he grumbles, "I hate this."

    "You signed up for this. And besides, it's not anything new."

    "You're telling me you've seen these explodey things before?!"