Chapter Fifty-Four - Homecoming, Part One

Was going to post this over the weekend but my Wattpad went down? What? Thanks for all the support even when updates haven't been frequent.

    I look up from my book as Beast Boy—in gorilla form—walks into the living room, carrying what must be the boys' bathtub. After slamming it down on the ground, the shapeshifter reverts to his human form and runs out of the room before I can ask any questions, before running back in with a curtain and placing it behind the bathtub.

    I open my mouth in confusion but don't say anything, watching and waiting as the green teen jumps in the bathtub, a yellow sign taking his place. Amused and somewhat intrigued, I lean back in my seat as Beast Boy begins to talk from inside the tub.

    "Beast Boy's All Star Prop Comedy Revue!" he exclaims. As his head pops up from inside the bathtub, I stick both my hands in his direction and shoot him a thumbs up. "I know what you're thinking. There's nothing more annoying than when you can't play your tuba in the bathtub."

    "Of course," I muse, eyebrow raised.

    Raven, however, is less than amused. "More annoying than this?" she questions. Robin's head falls onto my shoulder as his snoring continues, and I wrap my arm around him protectively. Cyborg's head falls back on the top of the couch and drool begins to pool to the left of his seat on the sofa.

    Starfire waves her hand in the half-demon's face, shutting her up with a "Shhh!" before bouncing up and down, clapping silently. "Please, continue."

    "Well, that won't be a problem if you have a tuborkel," Beast Boy continues. From in between the bathtub and the curtain, he lifts a tuba with an extra-long mouthpiece into view and pulls his goggles down to his face. "Get it? It's part tuba, part snorkel. Tuborkel." The shapeshifter looks around, grinning at Starfire's reaction before his smile dissipates as he finds the two snoring boys and Raven. "Well?"

    "Intruder alert. Intruder alert."

    Robin and Cyborg instantaneously snap awake. The former jumps up and leaps over the table, and I'm dragged along with him before I have the chance to remove my hand from around him. I let out a yelp as I land on the floor ungracefully, pushing myself up and fixing my hair. "Robin!" I groan.

    "All right! We're under attack!" Cyborg cheers. Beast Boy jumps out of the bathtub, goggles still on, and glares at the mechanic's disapproval of his skit. A grey and purple ball floats into the room, hovering and coming to a stop in front of us. Cyborg lifts his sonic cannon instinctively before glancing around it when nothing happens. "So, uh... why isn't it attacking?"

    "Because it's for me," Beast Boy replies gloomily, turning around to face the pod. It scans him and once he's cleared, an unfamiliar face appears.

    "Beast Boy, if this locator pod has found you, then you know what it means."

    "The Doom Patrol's in trouble," the shapeshifter replies to himself.

    I take a step forward. "Your old band?"

    Beast Boy doesn't have time to respond as the man on screen continues with his message. "Our last location was the Amazon jungle. You should begin your search there. Beast Boy, you know what must be done. I'm counting on you."

    The green Titan turns back to us, brushing past Starfire on his way to the stairs. I exchange a glance with Robin before dutifully following.

~~~

    Large, rocky mountains come into view as the T-Ship speeds through the air. The engine hums in my ear like white noise as my fingers tap the small windowsill.