19

A/N: Mature content warning
—————————————————
I ran out of there like my life depended on it. But as soon as the cool night air crashes over me, I feel more alive than ever before.

Before I can take a deep breath in I'm knocked into a tree.

That glorious moment of humanity lasted for about 5 seconds. Aww is the big bad vampire annoyed I didn't kiss him?

"It's not as fun if you don't run and hide." Oisin's hand is in my hand tangled in my hair sending delicious electric bolts to my scalp and his arm snaking around my waist. "Do I give you head start or do I win?"

I try to control my breathing. I want to run - far away from here. And yet I want to stay and see what the prizes are, "what do I get if I win?"

"Whatever you want." His voice was seductive and low.

"What about you?"

He tugs my hair harder, "what about me? I'm not a prize to be won."

"Says the man tugging at my hair and has me pinned to a tree. Seriously? I meant what do you win if I lose. Cocky bastard."

I push him and he pulls me into him. My skin feels like it's being brought to life with every skin to skin contact Oisin makes with me, leaving us both surprised. He rips my tank top off and starts touching all over my bare skin.

"Let's say you won, what would you want? Maybe something like this?" His knee that has me pinned pushes my legs farther apart, snugging up against my most sensitive area. It's blissful torture.

His forehead leans in on mine as he took my hands and put them behind his head. Leaving me with access to his hair. I play with the ends as his giant hands take my waist again and starts dips his head into my neck leaving hot kisses from my earlobe to my collarbone and back.

"And..."

My whole body vibrates as he chuckles. "Do you need instructions, love?" His grip on my body tightens allowing my pelvis relaxes more onto his rock hard thigh, my back leans on the tree.

"Fuck love." He groans and says something in Gaelic. I think.

'True love.'

He's listening to me.

'Oh very closely love. Move.'

And with that I rub ever so slightly, moaning and letting my head fall back. This feels better than any sexual experience I've had ever. I want to rip everything off and feel let my skin light up as I go over the edge.

His fingers grip harder, digging into my hips and moving me making me melt against him.
I scream out as his thumb finds my clit and pushes it while continuing to have me grind against his thigh.

"Please, please, please!" My hands fist his black t-shirt collar which I use to gain control. My sweaty forehead is back on his.

"Look at me love. Open your eyes." I do as he says and meet his hungry gaze.

"Oisin...Oisin..."

"That's it love, ride me."

Dry humping his leg feels so wrong and yet...nope. Still wrong.

I stop moving. Take control.

He looked at me inquisitively, "Did I miss it?"

"Oh no. You didn't." Breathing heavily I push him back and plant my feet firmly on the ground.

We both sound like we just ran a marathon. Stepping back to catch our breaths I can tell he's trying to read my mind.

"Come on, love what did I miss?"

"Here's a recap."

I let my mind flood with memories of him saying I wasn't wanted. Him with another woman. Him leaving this morning. All the hurtful things he has said that made me feel undesirable and unimportant.

Oisin's eyes widen as they stare at me and his face drops. "Come on now. I...obviously I didn't...I wasn't.... This isn't fair love, can you only remember the dark parts? You know I didn't mean half of what I said. Ya have to know that by now."

He stepped towards me and I stepped back. "Come on, I saw you with Rian. Bloody prick. Rian! It killed me." I took a step back as he took steps forward and we were getting closer to the edge of the tree line, back to the tinted glass doors.

"At least with King Rian, I know where I stand. I know what he wants. I know I'm just another human slave to be broken down and formed into a pleasure doll for him until he discards of me." Hot tears roll down my face and my voice shakes as I finally give in. "Do you want me as your oracle, to feed on, or for pleasure? Master. Or do you want to be free of me and hand me over the King?"

I cringe at the thought but this is my future, my life.

My mother traded my life for her own happy ending. If my own mother couldn't love me enough to sacrifice her life for mine, I couldn't expect the brother of the king to find me worthy enough of his attention and love. For him to save me.

I fall to my knees submitting to my master.

Not in a sexy dream. Not as a dominant submissive fantasy. Not for pleasure. I submit to my new future.

And in doing so I free myself from the rollercoaster ride of hope that he has me on.

I don't know how long we stay there but Oisin picks me up and I cry out in pain as my knees come off of the ground. The dirt, plants, minerals all making dimples in my flesh. I'm in so much distress I start to black out down, but before I do, I have an 'ah ha' moment: death is freedom.