51

Sconces lined the hallway. Meadow green carpet lined the floor and a mural of a bright sunny day was painted as far as the eye could see. It all smelled new and was a bit overwhelming to my senses. That's probably why I didn't notice the Oisin watching me from the doorway up ahead.

"So you've made your decision?" I jumped not realizing he was so close to me.

"Don't scare me like that!" He laughed which was music to my ears. Uncrossing his arms I could see he was shirtless with water dripping from his head. He must have just showered. Sweatpants perfectly fitted. They must be new; I missed the old ones that hung off of his hips from being so worn out.

"Evelyn, keep your thoughts about my new wardrobe to yourself." He was listening. "Fiona would be very upset to hear you don't approve of my new sweats. She got them in blue, black, grey, dark green, and whatever other color she could find." He smirked. "I do have forever with you so at some point these will get stretched out and hang low so you can admire my body. Mate."

Oisin reached his arm out and brushed his knuckles against my heated cheeks. Even without the mate-bond I felt sparks. Maybe Maggie was bluffing.

"I thought that too, but there's only one way to test that theory out." His large hand that had been on my cheek moved to the back of my neck. Oisin pulled me into him, holding me close. "Are you ready...to see your new room?"

"What a tease." My body went from hot from being turned on to hot from embarrassment.

"Come on in. Mate." Pushing his back off of the doorframe he let me walk into a massive bedroom.

A large, four-post, canopy bed was the focal point of the room. A fire was roaring at the other end where comfy leather couch, loveseat, and two lounge chairs squared off each side, giving a look like it was a whole other room. The bookshelves I'd loved so much were lining the walls wherever there wasn't furniture or a doorway. There were spots for new books or pictures or knickknacks could be added to make it feel more like our own place.

A painting hung above each door. The one above my closet had my favorite garden at Oxford in it. The fountain head and bench with the tall walls and plants covering it like a secret alcove, it was my happy place.

Instead of going in right away I kept walking around with Oisin in toe not saying anything. The large Viking ship must be his closet.

The bed sat in between the closets and what I assumed was the bathroom door. It had a picture of a waterfall off of a lake with mist coming off of the water. When I looked closer, there was a young girl sunbathing on a large rock. Maeve.

"But how. Who? When?" I felt large arms encompass me from behind and a kiss on the top of my head as I tried to hold back tears.

"Rian is a fast painter. He'll probably want it back to work on some more but we thought you might want to see what he had started. He's a bit of a perfectionist." Oisin swayed me back and forth in his arms. "We will memorialize her in other ways too. She served her Queen like a noble warrior."

I spun around to face him with a questioning look.

"Maeve knew what the King was going to do. Nyx left a letter for you that will answer many of your questions. We can talk about all of that later. Right now you're here. With me. Mine." His forehead rested on mine. "I created this for you, for us, and I do believe you will love the bathroom."

The bathroom door had an ornate gold handle with skeleton key hanging from it on a pink string. Fiona's doing no doubt. I unlocked the white door and felt like someone had been inside my head creating my dream bathroom oasis.