Four- Back home temporarily

PUBLISHED: 21/01/2021

Seeing her older brother Charlie next to his car in the parking lot of the Stranger Things set was something Millie wasn't expecting.

"Charlie?" Millie asked as she looked at the older male confused. "Hey Mills!" He hugged her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. "I have a temporary teaching job, here in Atlanta." Charlie admitted.

"Where?" Millie asked. "Atlanta high." Charlie mentioned, slightly smiling.

"Y-You're working...at my school?" Millie asked, shocked.

"Yeah...and the better thing is, I'm your tutor now. I'll be teaching you while you here on set." Charlie said, now more excited than Millie currently was.

Having to hide a mermaid tail from Matt, Ross, Shawn and everyone else in the cast and crew is hard enough, but having to hide her tail from her older brother whom she hasn't seen in 4 years, had to be the hardest thing she'd have to do.

"How long are you expected to tutor me?" Millie asked, confused.

"Well...until I become a full time teacher, maybe 3 months?" Charlie replied.

"So you'll be teaching me the entire time I'm filming?" Millie asked, Charlie nodding as he smiled at his younger sister.

"Don't worry Millie. I'll only be around for 2 hours a day when you're on break. Besides, I'm not gonna embarrass you...or Finn." Charlie declared, laughing.

Smiling nervously, Millie jumped when she was sprayed with water, by Finn. Running off, she ran to her trailer, unfortunately not having enough time to lock the door before she flopped onto the floor, her tail now exposed.

"Millie? Mills...where did you go?" Charlie asked as he drew closer to the trailer.

Panicking as she looked around, she heard the sounds of Charlie's footsteps getting closer and closer, so she hoped that from watching Mako Mermaids when she was younger, she could figure something out.

She moved her left hand over her face. Her hand ended on the right side of her face, now in a fist. Hoping she was invisible, like the show, she watched as Charlie entered her trailer, confused.

"Millie? Where did you go??" Charlie asked, confused as to how the young girl had just disappeared. 

Facing her general direction, Charlie looked around before he walked off, confused. Millie was surprised and happy. She had the power to turn herself invisible.

"You right there Mills?" Sadie asked as Millie reversed her invisibility, releasing her fist as she took a deep breath in and out.

"I just cloaked myself in mermaid form and Charlie could've seen me but he didn't!" Millie said happily.

Drying herself off, she walked back out with Sadie.

"Millie? Where did you go? I looked for you." Charlie said, worried.

"Oh, I just ran to the bathroom. I needed to go." Millie lied.

Heading back to the set, Millie was more cautious of her surroundings. Luckily she wasn't going to deal with anymore water for today.

Millie figured that she needed to tell someone other than Sadie, who had known her secret for a little over 2 months.

Millie decided not to tell Finn or her family, worried that they might have a negative reaction to finding out that Millie grew a mermaid tail every time water made contact with her skin.

Caleb and Gaten weren't a good option either. If she had told them, they wouldn't believe her, making fun of her as they jokingly said "show us your tail".

Millie couldn't have told any of the older cast, for example Winona, Joe, Dacre or Natalia, since they might brush it off thinking that Millie had been out in the sun for too long without water.

She was definitely not telling Matt, Ross or Shawn. They might kick her off the show and ridicule her for the monster she feared she would be.

The only possible person who wasn't scratched off the list of people Millie couldn't tell was Noah. He knew better than to ask follow up questions if someone had just dropped a truth bomb. The most drastic thing he would do is ask for proof, nothing more.

"Sadie, I need to tell someone else...about my secret. I know the perfect person. Noah. The most drastic thing he would do is ask for proof." Millie announced when her and Sadie were out of sight and far away from anyone who could overhear their conversation.

"When and where are you gonna tell him?" Sadie asked, smiling.

"Tomorrow morning in his trailer. It'll give him more time to think about it and let it sink in." Millie spoke before leaving the conversation, Sadie following her nervously.