Eight- An explanation

PUBLISHED: 14/02/2021

(Previously)
"Millie! What the hell is going on?" Charlie asked, Sadie now running up behind him. She saw that Charlie was looking at Millie's tail and she looked at Millie's shocked and panicked expression on her face.

"Surprise?" Millie asked, smiling slightly at her older brother who had now seen everything.

(Present)
"Why didn't you tell me before? I could've helped you..." Charlie insisted as he and Sadie walked back to the hotel along side Millie.

"I couldn't tell anyone. Sadie found out by accident and I trusted Noah since he wouldn't make such a big deal of it..." Millie admitted, feeling guilty about not telling Charlie.

"A big deal? Millie...are you serious? You grow a mermaid tail ever time water touches your skin. I'm pretty sure that's a huge deal!" Charlie made a good point.

"You don't think I know that Charlie?!" Millie spoke, a little angry at him.

"Both of you calm down!" Sadie interjected.

"Look. Millie, your upset at Charlie for not understanding the trouble you're in and Charlie, you're upset at Millie for not telling you about this sooner. Am I right?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

Both Millie and Charlie nodded, finally agreeing on something. Reaching the hotel, a now fully dry Millie and Sadie walked inside, letting Charlie go and relax on his own. Millie and Sadie made their way up to their suite, being greeted by a very worried Natalia, Winona and Priah.

"Millie? What happened? Are you ok?" Winona asked as she and the other girls hugged Millie.

"I'm fine..." Millie spoke, slightly smiling.

As she walked to her room, her phone went off.

Charlie: Millie...meet me tomorrow after filming at The Blackout Café.

Millie: Ok. I'll see you then.
———
12 hours had passed and as Millie had said she would, she began her journey to The Blackout Café. As she entered, Charlie pulled her to the side, leading her to the back.

"Charlie...why did you want to meet me here?" She asked, a little confused.

"Yesterday, there was something you weren't telling me." Charlie spoke as he sat Millie down.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, clearly lying, and Charlie could tell.

"Millie...you can't hide it from me. I've picked up on everything that makes you a horrible liar." Charlie admitted.

"Get me a glass of water please..." Millie spoke as Charlie nodded and left.

Millie slightly smiled as Charlie placed the glass of water in front of her as he sat down, a little confused.

"Ok. So what I didn't tell you was...I have powers...like superpowers." Millie began, starting to freak Charlie out.

"What kind of powers?" Charlie asked, confused.

"I have 4." Millie spoke, expecting Charlie to run away by now.

"The first one is pretty boring. It's just moving any body of water with my mind." She spoke as her right hand flexed above the glass, lifting a small ball of water up.

"The second one is better. It's just freezing any body of water." She got her left hand and flexed it towards the ball of water like she did earlier, freezing it within seconds.

"The third one is a little pointless, but it's basically boiling water." She flexed her palm towards the glass, slowly forming a fist as the water slowly boiled until it disappeared.

"Holy...crap..." Was the only thing that came out of Charlie's mouth.

"My last power helped me protect my secret from you before." She spoke as she moved her left hand over her face. Her hand ended on the right side of her face, now in a fist. After a few seconds she reversed her invisibility.

"Ta-da?" Millie smiled, hoping Charlie would be understanding, but all she saw was shock on his face.