Five- More help

PUBLISHED: 22/01/2021

Telling Noah might not be an easy task. Millie had been worrying about it since she decided to tell him. Every possible negative reaction played out in her head, making her regret the decision to tell someone about her secret. Millie had thought about telling someone else instead of Noah, but she has no other choice.

To help her nerves, she came up with a simple plan. Tell Noah and expect him to ask for proof, no tail, but her powers at least. Showing her tail was the very last resort, if she had no other way to prove that she was telling the truth.

Now, all she had to do was execute the plan, hoping that it didn't go south or that one of the many negative outcomes that she envisioned, didn't come true.
———
Arriving onto set, Noah luckily wasn't there yet, earning a grateful sigh from Millie. Finn however was at the set early, hoping to spend some quality time with his girlfriend before shooting.

"Good morning my beautiful girlfriend. Wait...why are you so tense?" Finn immediately changed his tone when he saw Millie's body tense up.

"My back was hurting last night which meant I didn't get much sleep." Millie spoke as stretched her back carefully. She knew that if Finn knew the true reason she was tense, he would've ran out of her trailer and never come back.

"Well hopefully your back feels better by the time we start shooting for today." Finn slightly laughed. Millie giggled with him, hoping that Noah would arrive soon.

Hearing 2 cars pull up in the parking lot only meant 1 thing. Sadie, Noah, Gaten and Caleb had arrived. Finn walked out of her trailer with Millie, holding her hand before Gaten almost knocked him over, causing Finn, Gaten and Caleb to start wrestling each other.

When Millie got the chance, she looked over at Sadie who pulled Noah aside, causing Millie to follow them. Getting inside Noah's trailer, locking the door behind them, Noah sat down, confused.

"What's going on? Is this an intervention? Why do I need an intervention?" Noah asked a lot of questions, annoying Millie.

"This isn't an intervention Noah. It's more like a 'I have a secret that I desperately need to tell someone other than Sadie who already knows' talk." Millie said, calming Noah down as well as confusing him at the same time.

"What's this secret you say you have? Why is Sadie the only person who knows?" Noah asked as he looked at Millie even more confused than he was before.

"Look. Before I tell you, you have to promise you'll never tell anyone...like Sadie hasn't." Millie said, getting the promise out of the way.

Millie, Sadie and Noah are best friends. He was surprised that Sadie was the first person to know the secret that Millie had been keeping. Knowing exactly what promise Millie needed him to keep, he spoke.

"Our secret. I double knot, pinky swear." He said before he slapped his hands with hers and pinky promised. If he ever broke the promise, Millie would never forgive him.

"I'm a mermaid. I grow a tail every time water makes contact with my skin." Millie got it over and done with, earning a laugh from Noah.

"Wow...nice test. Can you tell me your real secret now?" He asked, not believing her.

"Noah...I'm telling the truth. I'm a mermaid when water touches my skin. When Finn dropped me into the water at the beach, I didn't go and look over at the rocks. I went and hid there so no-one would find me or see my tail." Millie said, nervously.

"Prove it to me. Prove to me that your a mermaid." He said, crossing his arms.

"Here goes nothing." She spoke as she got Sadie to hold a glass of water in front of her. Firmly flexing her fingers, she lifted a ball of water from the glass, concentrating. She used her left hand to freeze it, still holding it in her grasp. After a few seconds, she used her left hand once again to boil the ball of water, causing it to disappear.

Noah still didn't look convinced, looking around for a hidden projector. "Fine." She said, obviously seeing that Noah wasn't convinced.

She moved her left hand over her face. Her hand ended on the right side of her face, now in a fist.

Noah looked confused. "Millie? Where did you go?" He asked. She reversed her cloaking, now visible to Noah again. "C'mon Millie. You really think that some special effects are gonna convince me?" Noah asked.

Millie looked over at Sadie, who nodded. Sadie splashed Millie with the glass of water in her hand.

After a few seconds, a glow of light and sparkles ended with Millie on the floor, her hair partly wet and her mermaid tail exposed.

"Now do you believe me?" She asked, annoyed. "Holy crap...your a mermaid!" He said, shocked.

"Wait...why is the Australian TV show H2O: Just Add Water coming to mind?" Noah asked, confused. "That's exactly what I said!" Sadie said, laughing slightly.