17. Final Decision

When everyone slept, Anika sneaked out from her bedroom and went  to the poolside, she stood there silently. She was contemplating about her life and how it took a sudden U-turn. Her childhood was ruined by her parents, while her teenage years was spent handling responsibilities; She felt happy when she found Shivaay, but the happiness was short-lived because he wasn't the right person for her. He belonged from a very wealthy family but he wasn't good enough because he didn't cared for her. While Dev loved her and will take care of her for his whole life, she could see in his eyes.

Today she was thinking who is worthy of her. Shivaay didn't trust her without even having a proof of her crime, while Dev trusted her without even asking for proof. Shivaay was ruining her reputation in front of everyone just by trying to come close to her. On the other side Dev never touched her without her consent. Shivaay was just a mere attraction while Dev was a life partner, every girl want. She was sure now that Shivaay didn't deserve her. She knew that she won't be enough for Shivaay, but for Dev she will be more than enough. Her thoughts chain was broken by someone's fake cough, she turned and saw her father standing there. She was going to leave when he stopped her.

Armaan: stop Anika. May be after this day you won't even talk to me.
Anika: I never said anything to you.
Armaan: that's the main problem you don't say what's in your heart?
Anika: does that even matter to you?(Sarcastically)
Armaan: I'm your father. I cared for you since always, I know I couldn't provide you a healthy and happy childhood dear but you will be always precious for me.
Anika: don't make a fool out of me. Do I look like an idiot to you? That everything you will say and I will believe.
Armaan: I'm sorry Anika, I just wanted to talk to you.
Anika: please go ahead and tell me which topic you need to talk about.
Armaan: do I need a topic to talk to you?(hurt)
Anika: yes, because we don't have a habit to talk.
Armaan: that's what I want to make.
Anika: it's hard. This habit is not in us so we need a topic to talk.
Armaan: tomorrow is your wedding. I couldn't be a good father but I want to be a good friend for you.
Anika: I can't forgive you because I'm not that great but I'm sure time will heal everything.

Anika left for her room while Armaan sat there dejected. He broke his daughter's heart and that pain won't let him live in peace but he was adamant that he will seek her forgiveness till the last moment of his life. A father is a shadow for his daughter, he provides her with independence and confidence. He couldn't be anything for Anika maybe that was destiny but he wanted to rectify his mistakes.

On the other hand, Shivaay was restless in his room. He was adamant that Anika will marry only him and he was angry as well that Anika insulted him. He was sitting in his room and drinking alcohol when Om entered.

Shivaay: Om please leave!
Om: alcohol won't solve your problems.
Shivaay: then what should I do?
Om: talk to Anika patiently.
Shivaay: she won't listen.
Om: She has every right to decide about herself and you don't have any right to stop her.
Shivaay: I can't let her go.
Om: do you love her?
Shivaay: yes, I do. That's why I can't let her go.
Om: no Shivaay. You don't love her because if you ever did you will let her go because her happiness doesn't rely on you.
Shivaay: what are you saying Om?
Om: have you ever seen Dev? He loves Anika secretly but he never forces his decisions on her like you do. That's real love, someone who can sacrifice his own feelings just to see the other person happy.
Shivaay: do you mean that my love is not real?
Om: you don't love her because if you ever did you won't blame her. Secondly you just want to somehow get Anika even by force just to let Dev down. I'm your brother I know you very well. Think carefully before taking a decision.

Om went away while Shivaay was more confused than before. He was shocked listening to Om's talks, he was feeling guilty of himself for hurting Anika.

Next day
Everyone was working diligently because it was Anika Rajput's wedding. Everyone was getting ready while Anika got ready in a beautiful red lehenga and everyone was in aww of her even Dev as well came with his family. Their wedding was going to start in few minutes, but Dev wanted to talk to Anika alone.