1. Lady boss

It was a pleasant morning, the bright sun was shining up in the sky but the sun couldn't melt the ice around the cold-hearted girl ,who was sitting on the top floor of Rajput empire building, in the top most beautifully designed office. She was continuously typing on her laptop, she had a rigid posture it looked like she was fighting a war within herself. Her eyes held emptiness and coldness, no one could see even a trace of love or affection in her eyes. She held an aura that makes people around her scare and shut their mouth to not earn her hatred, because she was Anika Rajput, her name screamed power, ruthlessness and pride.

After few seconds someone knocked on her door, she raised her head towards that direction and gave a nod. A young girl entered and started briefing the boss about her busy schedule, she was the boss's personal assistant and her job was the hardest task.
P.a: "Ma'am, our clients are waiting for you in the meeting room".
Anika: " I'm coming in few minutes, you may leave."
P.a: "Ye..yes sure!"
The young girl left but muttering few curses in her heart to her lady boss, who hold the power to make people scare with her voice and anger.

After few minutes Anika entered the meeting room and everyone stood up, as sign of greeting and respect. She nodded her head and signed them to take a seat and start the meeting. Every big business empire was present and even the Oberoi empire CEO Tej Oberoi. He was watching Anika's every move and was noticing that she doesn't hold a warm nature but a cold one, but he was impressed that she respect her colleagues, who are older than her. His chain of thoughts broke by Anika's cold voice.
Anika: "Ladies and gentlemen, all of you have brilliant ideas but I think Oberoi and Raizada's company's ideas are more useful and reliable for us. So therefore the meeting end here the Rajput empire will work with Oberoi and Raizada's empire. You may all leave now"
Everyone left and Anika signed the deal with Raizadas and Oberois. They congratulated her, everyone left except Tej Oberoi.
Anika: "Mr. Oberoi do you want to discuss anything related to the project?"
Tej: "Congratulations Anika, and thanks dear for giving us this opportunity."
Anika: "First of all sir it's miss. Rajput for you and I think Oberoi company deserves this chance."
Tej:"If you don't mind miss. Rajput, can I invite you for a casual dinner to our place?"
Anika:"Sorry mr. Oberoi I don't mix professional and personal relations. See you later. Thank you!"
She left and Tej was thinking that she is a very strict lady boss, that's why the Rajputs are leading the business world since last few years since she joined, and moreover she doesn't give interviews or go to awards ceremonies, she has fame and success but maintain high confidentiality and privacy between her little circle and don't brag about it and treat everyone equally. Tej left and saw the staff working very diligently in the office, and he saw some people praising the lady boss, some were cursing her. In simple terms some were her lovers other were haters. She was indeed a leading lady boss, who had beauty along with brain. He was wondering if this girl could teach his older son the meaning of real world, but he was unaware that she is ice that can freeze any emotion and feeling. She doesn't feel the need to have someone who can stand with her through thick and thin.

It was getting darker outside, the office was going to close soon, everyone left except Anika. She was finishing her work but out of sudden, she remembered something and rushed towards her car and drove quickly to reach her mansion soon. As soon as she reached, she ran towards the hall and saw her old grandmother sleeping uncomfortably on the sofa. She slowly tip-toed towards her and kissed her wrinkled hands. Her grandmother woke up after all Aradhya Rajput can feel her granddaughter arrival.
Anika:"Sorry, grandma I was so engrossed in my work, that I just lost track of time."
Aradhya:" I was worried dear, now don't say sorry just go and have your dinner,it  is in the kitchen."
Anika:"Did you had your dinner and medicines?"
Aradhya:"Yes, I ate and had medicines, now go and have your dinner or else you will get Ill".
Anika:"Thanks for being the best grandmother, now go and sleep. "
Anika left and Aradhya was just thinking about her.
Aradhya p.o.v.
"I don't know this girl, she is cold hearted and very rude to everyone except me. I wish her parents didn't got separated and her childhood would have been different. I tried to give love to her as much as I could, but I couldn't fill the void of her own parents. She spent her life alone in hostels, with maids which made her like this and she never complained about anything to me. Her mother died but her father, who was my son never turned back to look at her, maybe today he would be married and happy with his family but he forgot to do justice to Anika. Please God help my granddaughter to enjoy her life and be happy."

In the night, in Anika's room balcony, Anika was playing piano and her eyes were red. She was tired of covering up her pain or better say tired of life. She hated her parents, her mother died when she was 7 and her father never cared about her. She hated them, maybe it wasn't entirely their fault but their separation took away her childhood. She was beaten and abused mentally by maids and teachers in hostels but never told her grandmother to not to upset her. She was a little girl who wanted to live but her parents decision to separate broke her dreams and snatched her innocence. She used to think that her parents gave up on her, but she was their blood, her childhood left bruises and scars on her heart that can never be healed."

Precap: the Oberoi family introduction.