4. Annoying jerk

It was a very busy morning, Oberoi family was busy in their own tasks. Om and Rudra were going to pick Rajput family from airport. Tej and Shivaay were going to office while Jhanvi, Priyanka and Kalyani were home, preparing for Rajput family's arrival. Everyone left for their work. Kalyani and Jhanvi were sitting together and having morning tea while Priyanka was busy in kitchen with maids, preparing lunch for Rajputs. Priyanka already knows that Ranvir is a Rajput because he told her about his family and she is quite happy that her best friend turned boyfriend will be able to visit her house more often now.

In Garden:
Jhanvi:"what happened mummyji? You seem quite lost".
Kalyani:"I'm worried for Shivaay, he is in his late-twenties  and it's a right age to get married but that stupid isn't ready for committments."
Jhanvi:"hmm... you are quite right, I was tensed about the same thing but Tej advised me to stay calm and give him time."
Kalyani:"Jhanvi, we can give him time but you know Rajputs are coming so maybe they would want to get Om and Rudra to get hitched to their daughters, and we won't be able to say NO, so I want Shivaay to get settled so then we can proceed towards Om and Rudra."
Jhanvi:"I think you are right. I will talk to Tej. But mummyji where will we find Shivaay's miss. Perfect?"
Kalyani:"why to search?when she is already here."
Jhanvi:"I didn't get what you said?"
Kalyani:"I'm talking about Anika Rajput."
Jhanvi:"Anika Rajput? We don't know anything about her. How are we going to get proposal for her and that directly marriage. I think we should search another girl."
Kalyani:"I'm sure Shivaay will fall in love with her, did you notice the way he was talking about her yesterday night? Shivaay never talks about girls infront of family because he doesn't like us intruding into his private life."
Jhanvi:"Are you sure mummyji? Do you know about her family? I mean she doesn't have parents, she is brought up by her grandmother and she is quite silent girl. Are you sure she will agree to marry Shivaay?"
Kalyani:" I know her grandmother, she was my best friend in college but then she got married and moved abroad so we lost contact. I only know that she has a son Armaan. I will go to her place and ask for Anika's hand in marriage for Shivaay."
Jhanvi:"I hope they agree!"

Meanwhile in Oberoi office, Tej was in a meeting with their HR department and discussing their upcoming venture. While Shivaay was getting really bored. After the meeting finished, Shivaay moved to Tej's office to ask permission if he could go on lunch with his friends.
Tej:"what happened son?"
Shivaay:" dad, actually my friends invited me for lunch so I wanted to ask you if I could go."
Tej:"sure! But be back at sharp 3 because we have a meeting with foreign delegates."
Shivaay:"ok! Love you!"
Shivaay went to meet his friends and Tej continued to work.

In XYZ restaurant
Shivaay entered with his friends and they settled on a table which was near the silent area. The silent area was reserved for business meetings or lunches. He was having fun with his friends and telling them about his recent girlfriend. He had two best friends who like him belong to rich families. One is Aditya Hooda, a professional pilot married to Zoya, who is a fashion designer. The other one is Siddharth Rana, who is a business man and he is married to Mallika, who is a doctor. They share a great bond like brothers.
Aditya: "Shivaay your recent girlfriend Tia Kapoor is a bit too priest type. I hope you guys can stay together."
Shivaay:"no dude! I'm soon going to break up with her!"
Siddharth:"why?"
Shivaay:"I don't like girls who are to friendly with men while being in a relationship. Anyways, tell me how is your married life going?"
Siddharth:"it's going fine, but sometimes I feel irritated by Mallika's constant care, like she will phone me 10 times a day to ask about my whereabouts, if I had lunch, etc."
Aditya:" Zoya is the same like Mallika bhabhi. She is sometimes too annoying. But still I love her!"
Siddharth:"same, I love Mallika even if she is sometimes a bit irritating."
Shivaay:"how can you guys be still in love if you have so many issues with your wives?"
Aditya:"Shivaay you haven't fallen in love still, the day you will fall in love your heart will accept that girl with all her good and bad habits."
Siddharth:"yes, we are all humans. Girls have few weaknesses but they do love us truly. Besides if a marriage needs to work then both partners need to make few sacrifices."
Shivaay:"okay, now please stop these philosophical talks, order something."
They ordered food and Shivaay excused to go to restroom. When he was coming back he saw from the glass that separated silent area and normal area that Anika Rajput was sitting on the other side having lunch with few people, who he guessed to be her business colleagues seeing their clothes. She had a call so excused herself and went outside and Shivaay went behind her to greet her.

Outside the waiting area was quite classy and silent. Anika finished her call but when she turned, she collided with Shivaay and slipped but Shivaay held her. He got lost in her eyes, which were cold like ice. Anika straightened herself and thanked him.
Anika:"Thank you for saving me!"
Shivaay:"no problem, I'm always available to save girls from falling."
Anika:"Sorry but I know how to take care of myself."
Shivaay:"jeez this attitude of yours! I love it. Anyways are you here for chilling with friends?"
Anika:"no, I have a meeting going on. Now please will you excuse me? I don't have time to waste on people like you."
Shivaay:"excuse me? What you mean people like me?"
Anika:" you don't have a work to do but I do."
Shivaay:"I think you don't know me enough, miss. Perfect. I can do many things.( he said cheesily).
Anika: " I think you don't know how to respect a women, so kindly behave"
Shivaay got angry when she raised question on his upbringing. He harshly pulled her towards himself, she collided with his hard built chest. Their nose were close.
Shivaay:"I don't want to hurt you but don't you dare to raise any question on my upbringing. I think you didn't have parents so you don't know what they mean for a child. "(Angrily)
Anika:"you are an annoying jerk, leave me mr. Oberoi."(she pushed him with all her might and left angrily.)
Shivaay was confused by her reaction.
Shivaay p.o.v.
"Did I cross my limits? Did I hurt her by mentioning her parents because i saw a hint of pain in her beautiful eyes. No offense it will be a crime if I don't admit that she is really pretty. I think I have to ask forgiveness from her. Oh god why I always spoil everything."

Precap
Rajput arrival and Tia's entry.