10. Engagement

Anika came home and told her decision to her grandmother. Everyone was happy, but Aradhya still felt that Anika is just trying to be a good granddaughter, and she isn't doing it by her own choice. However, Armaan and Shanaya were thinking that Anika is genuinely happy and interested to marry Shivaay. Anika just went to her bedroom and changed her clothes. She was thinking of different ways to mend her relationship with her half siblings.

Anika p.o.v
It's so hard to talk to them; I don't know how to start the conversation with them but I have to do it somehow, before my marriage with mr. Oberoi. Damn!(frustration)

In the meantime in Oberoi mansion, everyone was too happy for Shivaay and Anika. They were feeling contented with Shivaay's decision to marry Anika and settle down but Om was feeling that something was wrong with Shivaay. Because his smiles weren't looking genuine. Everyone retired to their rooms and Shivaay, Om and Rudra went to the poolside to have some brother's time.

Rudra: bhai I'm soo, soo happy for you!
Shivaay: I know! I can feel in your voice Rudy.
Om: I'm happy for you Shivaay! But I'm thinking how did Anika agree so easily?
Shivaay: she hasn't agreed easily, she has some stupid conditions.
Om: what conditions?
Shivaay: she wants loyalty and commitment.
Rudra: but these aren't stupid conditions.
Om: yeah, I mean every single girl wants loyalty from her man.
Shivaay: I know Om but I'm not ready for committments.
Om: but why Shivaay?
Shivaay: look Om! I just can't think of spending my whole life with a single girl, and ms. Perfect isn't the right match for me.
Om: how can you know?
Shivaay: she didn't see how relationship works ,so I don't think she will want to put effort into this marriage.
Rudra: then why did you say 'YES'?
Shivaay: I just didn't wanted to disappoint dadi!
Om: Shivaay you said that she isn't the right girl for you because she hasn't seen a real life couple, because she saw her parents' marriage crumbling infront of her eyes. Maybe she'll be perfect for you because she would value a relation because she hasn't got one. So I will just advise you to make it work.
Shivaay: I... just don't know! I promised her to be loyal to her but I'm not sure if I can maintain my promise.
Rudra: bhai just give it a go!
Shivaay: hmmm...

After a week
Shivaay and Anika's engagement was fixed and today the ceremony was held in Rajput mansion. Oberois came with their family and Rajputs were present as well but the couple of the day was looking the beautiful among everyone. They were color coordinated, but their hearts weren't coordinated with each other.

Anika was worried about her life after marriage while Shivaay was least interested in their marriage

Anika was worried about her life after marriage while Shivaay was least interested in their marriage. Anika already saw him failing in his promise. Nothing changed in Anika and her siblings' relationship, Anika couldn't talk to them while they haven't even tried. Armaan just couldn't talk to her because of her busy schedule. Shivaay and Anika exchanged their rings and clicked some pictures with family and friends , and then announced it to the media as well. They had a small photoshoot with the media. Everyone started talking and had dinner. After few minutes Bhavya went towards the storeroom area and few seconds later Rudra followed her. Shivaay and Ranvir saw them and smirked.