15. First kiss

Next morning everyone was soo busy with Anika's marriage preparations. It was the biggest wedding of the year, with lots of guests and functions. Anika, however wanted to have a small function but Aradhya didn't agreed, she wanted a big, fat, traditional wedding for her oldest granddaughter. Anika couldn't deny her. Gauri and Bhavya wanted to have a destination wedding for their sister, so they were heading to Italy for her wedding. Oberois and Dev's family was coming earlier with them. Other guests will join them later.

Anika wasn't fond of redoing all functions again, but Dev's parents wanted to do it because it was their only son's wedding. Anika and Dev were stuck at this awkward position because they were friends and just suddenly turning from friends to life partners was indeed awkward!

Oberoi family was happy for Anika, but sad as well that Anika wasn't going to be their daughter in law. Om and Rudra were excited because they could spend some time alone with their girlfriends and Shivaay was thinking how to stop this wedding.

By evening, everyone boarded the private jet of Rajput family. They all headed to Venice, a city in Italy. Venice is the most romantic place in the world, it's more better when you are alone. It was the perfect wedding destination for Anika and Dev. It's the city built with love, it doesn't have roads, it has only canals.

After reaching there, the families went to the hotel that they have booked for two weeks on their names

After reaching there, the families went to the hotel that they have booked for two weeks on their names. They decided that after resting for few hours, they will go for sightseeing and shopping. Anika had a big room and next to her was Gauri and Bhavya's room. Ground floor was for Dev and his family, and second floor was booked for Oberois and third floor was for Rajputs. Everyone retired to their room for a nap.

In the evening, Anika, Gauri and Bhavya got ready and they took Priyanka as well with them. They were going Shopping but then boys joined them as well.

 They were going Shopping but then boys joined them as well

Ranvir/Rudra/Shivaay/Dev/Om

Bhavya/Priyanka/Anika/Gauri

They all moved to different directions; girls moved towards the clothes shops while the boys entered the gadgets shops. They all shopped a lot. But Shivaay's attention was only on Anika and Dev. He was burning in jealousy, he wanted to throw Dev away and get Anika only for himself. He knew that he was attracted to Anika, but today when Anika was laughing and talking with Dev. Something broke inside him, he knew he was getting jealous by seeing Dev and Anika together. Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening. Shivaay knew that he needs to win the trust that he himself broke by his own immaturity.

After they finished shopping, they all headed to have dinner in a very famous restaurant in Venice, called " Locanda Cipriani". The Locanda Cipriani provides a pretty slice of Merchant Ivory-tinted Venice: a shady old-fashioned garden on the beautiful little lagoon island of Torcello, with old-fashioned service and old-fashioned food that verges on the hotel variety. 

They all sat on a round table and ordered the traditional italian menu

They all sat on a round table and ordered the traditional italian menu. They ate and then moved towards the boats that will take them back into their hotel.

Gauri, Omkara, Priyanka, Ranvir and Dev sat in one boat, while Anika, Bhavya, Rudra and Shivaay sat in the other. The darker the night, the brighter the stars. Anika was fascinated by the beauty of this city while Shivaay was mesmerized by the beauty sitting in front of him. Bhavya and Rudra slept in the boat, Anika covered them with her coat and she moved towards the edge of the boat, where the water was more clearly seen. Shivaay followed her and stood next to her.

Anika noticed him and was going to move back but he held her hand gently. She reluctantly moved and stood beside him, him holding her hand silently. Shivaay decided to break the silence.

Shivaay: Venice is beautiful!
Anika: indeed it is!
Shivaay: Are you happy with your wedding with Dev?
Anika: yes, why shouldn't I?
Shivaay: I'm sorry for breaking your trust.
Anika: it doesn't matter now!
Shivaay: It does! Damn it! It does!(he said frustratingly)
Anika: I forgave you! I can't hold grudges against you. We weren't meant for each other.

She was going away when Shivaay held her hand and moved towards her. He kissed her forehead, she was shocked. It was a kiss full of respect. Shivaay was shocked, he never kissed a girl on forehead, but today he felt that he will lose her. She was not just a perfectionist in work but also in life.

Shivaay: Congratulations ms. Perfect!
Anika: congrats? For what?
Shivaay: for proving me wrong! I thought you were a perfectionist only at your workplace but you are indeed a perfect person at every stage of your life.
Anika: I hope you find someone for you soon.
Shivaay: someone?(confused)
Anika: yeah, someone who makes you happy, who handle your tantrums with love and who truly deserves you.
Shivaay: what If I say that I already found someone for me.
Anika: that's great!( hurt in her voice)

Anika didn't knew why she felt bad hearing that he already have someone special in his life. She was controlling her stupid tears, she never wanted to fall in love but Shivaay's charm and care was irresistible. Falling in love was never in her plan but love is like a hole; once you fall in, it's hard to get out.

She was just going to move near her seat when Shivaay held her hand and pulled her towards himself. Her forehead touched his forehead, their noses were touching. He was looking in her eyes as if reading her soul and she was watching his inner turmoils through his eyes. He just moved closer and closer, until their lips were touching each other. It was just a touch of lips when Anika pushed him and was going to run, but Shivaay held her hand and moved towards her.

Shivaay held her face gently, he kissed her forehead and said :'I will always protect you'.

Then he kissed her eyes and said:'you are beautiful.'

Then he kissed her cheeks and said:' we are friends.'

In the end he moved towards her lips and asked her permission: can I..." He stopped and his jaw flexed. "Can I kiss you?"
Anika didn't answer, and Shivaay didn't wait for her to. His hands caught her gently behind the neck and he pressed his mouth to hers, softly but firmly. Then he moved one arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. It was a slow kiss but perfect  end for the night. After few minutes they broke the kiss, Anika was blushing and Shivaay smirked seeing her blushing cheeks. She just ran from there and he was chuckling seeing her reaction. He was sure that he will win her now.

Precap
Wedding

Sorry guys I have been extremely busy, I know you guys were waiting eagerly for updates but I can't update regularly due to my personal commitments. I'm really sorry about that but I will try to update as soon as possible.
Kind regards,

Aisha