12. Wrong choices

Anika was sitting in her library and was thinking about her life changing soo drastically. She was worried about new relationships, new responsibilities, new house and new people. She was used to live on her own and never cared about anyone's feelings except her grandmother, she was scared how was she going to manage her new home. At this crucial stage of her life, she was really missing her mother. A tear drop fell from her left eye and she quickly wiped it away before anyone can notice it. Shanaya was standing outside her library and she could see everything clearly from the glass door but her legs didn't support her and she just ran to her room. She couldn't face Anika, because somehow she destroyed her childhood; she went inside her room and saw Armaan sitting watching Anika's childhood pictures with a sad smile on his face.

Shanaya: why are you smiling Armaan?
Armaan: I'm thinking how quickly my Anika became a young lady from this chubby teddy bear. I'm missing my Anu!(tears fell from his eyes);
Shanaya: be strong! You know I saw Anika crying in her study room but I didn't had enough courage to go and face her. Somehow I'm responsible for her distressed childhood.
Armaan: no Shanaya! You aren't responsible for anything, but I'm fully responsible for her lost happiness and my wrong choices are definitely the biggest reason that destroyed my daughter's happiness, my married life and my family's reputation.
Shanaya: you are an amazing husband and you are a great father as well!
Armaan: yeah I'm!(sad chuckle), but not for Anika Rajput. I discovered in this short span of time that she is like a moon, she is beautiful for the world but she has a side of her so dark, that even the stars can't shine on it; she has a side of her so cold that even the sun can't burn on it. I miss my lovely Anu!
Shanaya: Armaan please calm down and try to talk to her.
Armaan: I don't know how to start a conversation.
Shanaya: you have to before her wedding.
Armaan: hmm... I will try!

The next day
Anika finished her wedding shopping with her lovely sisters and their relationship improved a lot as well but Armaan couldn't talk with Anika. Everyone was excited about Shivaay and Anika's wedding, every preparation was going in full swing. Oberois and Rajputs were really happy for their children. Mehendi and bridal shower were done but Anika had an urgent meeting in UK so she needed to go there to attend, she asked permission from her family and they reluctantly agreed, she convinced them that she will be back in 2 or 3 days. Anika left the next morning, and Gauri and Bhavya went to Oberoi mansion for selecting few dresses from her mother in law clothes collection for her reception.

They reached in Oberoi mansion and everyone met them.
Gauri: Anika di is out of town for business reasons but she will be back in few days!
Janvi: we understand dear! It's not easy to be a leading businesswoman.
Bhavya: aww aunty! I love to be surrounded by women, who support other women.
Janvi: I'm glad you like me! ( teasingly)
Gauri: aunty let her be, have you selected any dresses for Anika di for her reception, mom sent us to sort that out!
Janvi: yeah, I have bought many designer wars just select the one Anika likes.
Bhavya: we know her choice now, after the crazy shopping we have done with her.
Gauri: yeah!(laughing)

They selected the dresses then they both moved to meet their respective boyfriends.
Gauri went in Om's art studio while Bhavya went in gym to meet Rudra.

Gauri entered the art studio and saw Om painting. He looked surprisingly at her.
Gauri: hey mr. Artist!
Om: hey teacher!
Gauri: Om please don't call me teacher!
Om: but you do teach dance.
Gauri: still it makes me feel old(pouting).
Om: ok sorry! Tell me how are the preparation going?
Gauri: great!
Om: has you relationship improved with Anika?
Gauri: yes, it did! It improved to a great extent, she is soo nice. My first impression was very unfair of her, she is like a second mother.
Om: I'm happy for you guys! Are you cold?
Gauri: no, I'm not.
Om: can I hug you anyways?
Gauri: Om( blushing).
Om: what? Aren't you the bold Gauri Rajput? Anyways it's our number after Shivaay and Anika. So one hug is harmless.
He hugged her tightly and kissed on her forehead.