Chapter 10~ Express

"It's a cold a crazy world that's raging outside, Well baby me and all my girl are bringing on the fire, Show a little leg, got to shimmy your chest, it's a life, it's a style, it's a need, it's Burlesque"  ~Express Christina Aguilera (Burlesque Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Rumer Alise Jackson POV

August

When I wake up, I see white and sunlight. When I say white I mean, the whole scheme color of the room is just white. Marcel must've put me in this bed last night, because I remember falling asleep on him.

The kiss we shared last night was amazing. I felt like I was floating in Cloud Nine. Believe it or not, his lips are as soft as they look. I still can't believe he kissed me. I can't lie though, I'm a little scared my brother will kill him for messing with me.

Speaking of my brother, I need to go see him. I get out of the bed, and start to wonder around until I find the staircase. I go down, and see Marcel sitting on the couch, and he's already dressed.

"Carlos, I need to push that meet date back," he spoke. Then I guess the other person responded.  "Kameron in the hospital, he not gonna be able to make it." He sat there waiting on the other person, "I still need the product though."

Product? What Product?

"Dude we can come to the meeting after Kameron gets released, I need my product. I got people I need to serve. And if I lose money, you lose money."

Oh My God!!! I hope he isn't saying what I think he is saying. And if he is, why would my brother get involved in this mess.

"Carlos, you the best connect, but you not the only connect. If you won't get my product somebody will." He waited then said, "Ight I thought so, I expect the shipment in three days, as usual, and me and Kameron will see you in about two weeks."

At that point, I didn't want to listen anymore. I walked all the way down stairs, and basically stomped, so he could notice my presence.

When I got down the stairs, he was looking at me and putting his phone in his pocket.

"Hey, Rumer," he acknowledged me.

"Hey Marcel," I spoke back, "Where are my clothes?"

"They're in the dryer. I'll go get them," he said, then walked off.

When he came back he handed me the clothes, and tried to lean in. I pushed his chest to stop him. "Not right now, I have morning breath," I said then walked away to the bathroom.

I put on my freshly washed clothes, and found the toothbrush Marcel mentioned last night. After brushing my teeth I found Marcel in the living room on his phone.

"I'm ready," I said. I might be drawing conclusions, but the conversation, I may or may not have eavesdropped on, made he sound like he was a drug dealer. Maybe that was a gun I saw the last night at the club. Why wouldn't Kameron tell me though? Can he not trust me? How long have they been dealing together?

When Marcel got close to me, I turned and walked towards the door. As I opened it, it slammed closed. "You thought I forgot about earlier," he said, directly in my face. Then he leaned in and kissed me.