Chapter 16~ Never Knew I Needed

"You're the best thing I never knew I needed, So when you were here, I had no idea, you're the best thing I never knew I needed, So now it's so clear, I need you here always," Ne-Yo Never Knew I Needed (Princess and the Frog Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Marcel Maki Montanna POV

September

I was the first one to pull away from the kiss me and Rumer were sharing. The loud yelling, and then a crash is what stopped us. She looked up at me like she knew something was wrong. I'm glad I did follow her here to drop him off.

I walked back to my truck, and opened the door, when Rumer followed me, "Where are you going, you don't think something wrong is happening," she questioned me, looking kind of angry.

"I'm not going anywhere, I just came to get this," I said, as I pulled out my hidden gun in my car, and handed it to her.

I already have a gun on my waist, and she did so good with gun training the other day, I want to see how well she can handle herself if needed.

She had no questions when I handed her the gun. She held it accordingly, and took off towards the door as I followed behind her.

When we made it to the door the shouting was still going on. I twisted the door knob and it opened. We walked in, and saw what used to be a lamp, shattered on the floor.

Rumer and I followed the loud voices to a back room of the house. In a bed room we saw Zayvion, two little girls, and two little boys. No one noticed us yet.

All of the kids were on the bed in the corner crowded into the corner. What looked to be the oldest of the four in the corner was a girl, and her shirt was ripped, in a ragged way down the middle.

"You shouldn't have been in her room in the first place, you pedophile," Zayvion yelled.

"She shouldn't have left her door unlocked," the man said. Her sounded a little drunk, his words were slurred, but that doesn't give him an excuse.

Rumer kicked in the door, with her gun by her side. When they heard the door thump everyone jumped.

Rumer pointed her gun at the man, I guess she was p*ssed with what she heard, "On the ground," she told the man, and he complied.

"Rumer, what are doing ," Zayvion questioned. She ignored him, and looked at me. Then I looked at the kids, who looked like they were shaking.

"We're not here to hurt you," I told them as I walked over to them, "does one of you one of you want to get her a shirt," I asked. One of the little boys ran over to the dresser, and came back with a shirt. The girl just put it on over her ripped shirt.

"Where is mom," Zayvion said, as he walked over and stood beside me.

The other girl spoke, "She got high again, and passed out."

I felt bad for them because they looked young, and they had to go through all of this.

"I'm going to take you to my car, and take you some place safe okay," I said, trying to sound as gentle as possible. I don't think my deep voice would let me though. Still, they all nodded.