Chapter 11~ Style Aint Free

"Man, look, stop it, Always got my name in some gossip (Hot Topic),"~  Moneybagg Yo  Style Ain't Free

September

Rumer Alise Jackson POV

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight," my majorette dance coach Ms.Turbine, yelled over the music. "Aliyah, kick higher. Rumer, remember you're supposed to smile."

It has been two weeks since I found out that Marcel has a girlfriend. Today is a Wednesday, we are preparing for our first halftime show of the football season. ShaKayla is in the row behind me.  We're dancing our buts off, and I think we need a break. I'm co-captain of the team along with a girl named, Madison.

This is our fifth time practicing today, so when the song ends, everybody hits the floor. We all start our own conversations, and after 10 minutes we have to get to first period.

------------After 1st Period--------------

Me and ShaKalya are walking to second period, when we hear my name being called.

"Rumer Jackson," I hear from behind us. I turn to see a boy. He is light-skin, about 6', with hazel eyes and dots of green, and a lot of curly hair.

"Yes, how may I help you," I ask sweetly.

"Mr. Credit," he pointed down the hall where the teacher was standing, "pointed you out to me. I didn't pass advanced chemistry last year, ad he said that you could tutor me."

Well he wasn't wrong. Mr.Credit told me I got the highest grade in that class last year.

"Before I agree to anything, what is your name," I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

He held his hand out, "Jayden Covington."

"Well you already know my name, and meet me at 12 by the front office and we can discuss our schedule," I told him

"Well you already know my name, and meet me at 12 by the front office and we can discuss our schedule," I told him. I don't understand how I've never seen him around school before.

....Wait! Yes I have. He's on the football team. I guess I've just never paid attention to him. I need to pay more attention to my surroundings because...Whew Lord.

I definitely need to watch my surrounding, because I didn't even notice ShaKayla walk off. She didn't even tap me or nothing. I still think something up with her, but she'll tell me when she ready I guess.

-----Lunch Hour-----

It's 12 and I'm waiting on Jayden to come to the front office. He need to hurry up. This is my lunch hour and my last hour of the day, plus I'm hungry.