9

I ponder for a while on what to wear and go with a black crop top with casual jeans. When I pull them on I walk out the closet and let Troy get dressed.

"I could get dressed with you" I hear as Troy walks and laugh.

Troy turns around and says to me "I was joking".

I roll my eyes and say back "Yeah, I got that".

He nods and then shuts the closet door behind him.

I sigh and walk downstairs and greet Hannah. I yawn while she starts talking about her mate. Again.

She glares at me and I lift my hands in a surrender. "Sorry sorry, I'm just tired that's all".

She keeps glaring and then continues talking while I nod and pretend im listening but what I'm doing is feeling sorry for myself for not being a wolf.

I sigh again and Hannah snaps me out of my thoughts "What's up?

I blink and look at her "Huh?

She laughs and then says "Look, honey, I know your not listening, I asked you if you wanted to watch me and Troy suck face and you nodded and said 'Cool'".

I blush crimson. Dammit.

"Soooo......?

I sigh again and explain to her the downs of being a stupid human.

"... and I'll never be able to change into a wolf".

In the end Hannah looks at me with annoyance.

"Look, please stop complaining about hard your life is because your not the only one that's worried! At least you have your mate!!!

With that she stands up and stomps away. I stay sitting down for second in shock before i run after her. After a few minutes i find her standing in a corner, crying, her sobs wracking her tiny body.

I walk up to her and hug her, stroking her head as she cried into my chest.

"Oh honey..." I drift off and just comfort her.

She pulls back after several minutes and wipes her eyes.
Clearing her throat she says embarrassed "Sorry about that".

I put my hand up to stop her "Don't apologise, hell, I should be apologising. I never realised how hard it was for you, I was being selfish and I'm sorry".

Hannah smiles slightly and hugs me "it's ok".

I close my eyes and hug her for a second before pulling back.

"I know what'll get you happy again" I announce and Hannah tilts her head in confusion, causing me to grin.

"Shopping!!!!

Hannah squeals and yanks me up stairs to get ready.

***

Me and Hannah are in a shoe shop, giggling like 12 year olds at an old woman who was trying to stuff her size 12s in size 8 sandles. Causing her toes to bulge from every side.

We laugh even harder when the woman nods at her horrified assistant to buy them.

We leave the shoe shop still laughing and carrying 2  big bags each, full of little gifts and clothes here and there.

We walk into different shops, some with antiques and more clothes.

"What should I get for Troy? I ask in a shop that had everything you could imagine in it.

She shrugs and keeps shuffling through clothes.

"I mean, he's my mate and it nearly Christmas. I know he doesn't like me very much but I mean, he did invite me to join the pack?

Hannah looks up from her browsing and strode to me, she clasps my hands in hers, ignoring the judging shoppers and says "Casey, stop worrying, it's just a Christmas present, not a freaking engagement ring".

I laugh and shake my head. "Yeah, it's silly".

I pull away from Hannah and look for something to represent Troy. After half an hour I walk past some antiques when I see something I love. I walk up to it and examine it in awe.

Look at the top to see it.

It was a burned wood picture of two wolves. The head on top of each other. I smile at it and walk up to Hannah.

"I've found the perfect gift".

***

When we get home we are relieved to see nobody around. Probably hunting, I feel a twange of sorrow, knowing I won't be able to do that.

Buying the gifts were easy, out wrapping them proved to be a challenge.

After we've taken everything to the crafting room we lock the door and start wrapping, after wrapping and labelling I add a decorative bow on each of my gifts. I even take to time to make a perfect bow on Troys. Don't ask me why.

When we had finished we hide everything in an empty closet and go make ourselves some lunch, now we just have to wait for Christmas.

************************************

Sorry this chapter is another short one but at least i wrote one😁

I'll update the next one soon. I will be fast forwarding to Christmas time.

Tell me what you think I should do after that!