29

"Just jump, I'll catch you! Derek shouts for the 5th time.

"No I'll break my neck! I shout back, clinging to the vine like a monkey.

I had my eyes squeezed shut.

I felt something hit my back and opened my eyes to Derek hold some pebbles. I give him a death stare

"Are you throwing rocks at me" I ask in a deathly icy tone.

He gives me a guilty smile and hides the pebbles behind his back.

"No..."

I let go of the vine with one hand to pinch in between my eyes "I just saw you holding a pile of pe- arghhhh!!!!

I say when he throws another one with abnormal speed and it hits the thing vine with a TWANG! And then I'm falling... again.

I squeeze my eyes shut and hear a 'oof'.

I open my eyes to Derek holding me. I blink a couple of time before smacking Derek's chest. He drops me in shock and I land on my butt.

I glare up at him while he rubs his bare collarbone "ouch, what was that for!?

I give him an icy glare and he puts his hands up in a surrender "Ok, I get it".

He offers his hand but I slap it away and get up on my own, I wipe myself down without looking at him.

I put my fingers between my teeth and whistle like Troy taught me to. Pounding feet signal that my call had been answered.

"What-" he trails off

When Kelty and Coco get here I swing myself onto Keltys back and urge her forward to a sprint.

"Wait you don't know where your goi-" his voice grows distant and I urge Kelty faster, glancing back to see if Coco was catching up.

He looks up at me with his tongue lolling to the side. I smile at him but by distracted by a dark shape shooting in and out of the trees to our right. Derek.

I glance at Coco again and whistle for him to go in front up us and Kelty dips her head down, gently picking him up by the scruff of the neck to carry him since he couldn't go Keltys speed.

"Hia! I say and grip onto her tighter as she goes her fastest sprint and the trees zoom past in a blur.

I wasn't really mad at Derek, I was just teasing him and I think he knew that.

We sprint until dusk and then I set up camp next to a little stream. I manage to light a fire and build a little tepee to fit us all in.

I then let them both go get a drink since they were knackered while I sipped from my water bottle. I then grabbed a snack bar and ate that while Coco and Kelty set off in search of food that I could cook.

10 minutes later and a rabbit lays at my feet with a proud looking Coco and Kelty a foot from it. After I gave them both cuddles and kisses I set about gutting it and skinning it.

It was harder than YouTube made it look I'll give ya that. When I finally got it cooked it was around 8 o'clock and the night was filled with grumbling stomachs.

I cut the rabbit meat into quarters, giving Coco and Kelty bigger bits since they were more hungry. While we ate I searched the darkness for any sign of Derek and sank in disappointment when I didn't spot him. He probably hadn't made it here yet.

I yawned and stretched, rubbing my sleepy eyes. Kelty and Coco were already snuggled together in a snoring pile. I smile at them both and decide to keep watch for now, in case any predators came.

I was pacing for 3 hours and still nothing so I go back to the fire and sit on front of it. It was freezing outside and getting colder.

After another hour of unssuccesfully getting warm and go to my make shift tepee and lay down, shivering.

After another few hours of staying alert my eyelids start to droop, not taking in the sounds of leaves crunching and twigs snapping, the sounds that someone was here and I fell asleep, the last thing I saw was the opening of the tepee blocked but a large black creature.

***

A bit short I know but I'll make it up to th in the next chapter.