50

When i get to my room i immediately go to my walk in closet and try pick out an outfit to train the women and children in. Whilst i was changing into some black three quarter leggings, a cloudy tank top and sports bra i noticed a familiar cologne amongst the clothes so when i had changed i sniffed around to investigate.

Troy.

He hadn't been lying when he said he used to come in here to smell my scent. guilt panged through my chest like a steel knife but i swallow it down and try to convince myself i did it for him and for the pack.

i did do it for him and the pack.

Then why did i feel so guilty?

'because ya did it for yourself too, that's why ya feel guilty' a voice answers and i jump and whurl around to find no one there.

"Hello? i call out.

'Yes'

i jump again and frown when again, i see no one there "Who are you? i ask out loud.

there was a chuckle 'I'm behind you'.

a wave of fear rushes through me like a tsunami but the voice speaks again in a soothing tone 'don't be afraid, i wont hurt ya'.

i squeeze my eyes closed and slowly turn around before popping them open. i let out a yelp when i see a Wild Cat sat in front of me. Kelty?

"Kelty? i repeat out loud and the Cougar's tongue lolls out her mouth.

i frown and sit on the bench against the wall before putting my head in my hands and i massage my temples "I'm so confused, you can talk?

Her mouth doesn't move when there is a chuckle 'yup'

"then why aren't your lips moving?

'coz I'm speaking in your head'

ohhh, that makes sense.

i nod "How come you've never spoken to me before?

'i didn't need to, you were getting on fine but just now when you were feeling guilty i was pissed off because you shouldn't'.

"and why's that?

'Because'

i raise a brow "because isn't an answer".

'i answered you didn't i?

"i-"

'haha, just kidding, you shouldn't feel guilty coz you did nothing wrong'

"but i left everyone to learn how to control my powers"

'so? you did it because your maniac father is trying to kill your pack and mate and you were trying to control your powers whilst having an emotional breakdown so i think that's a good enough excuse, everyone's being bitchy about it because if you hadn't of gone to that place you wouldn't stand a chance of defeating the approaching army'

"hmm, you've got a point"

'just admit I'm smart'

i roll my eyes "not that smart" i smirk when she gasps 'that's hurtful'

i laugh

a knock sounds at the door and Matts concerned head pokes through the door "who're you talking to?

i give a pointed look at kelty and his concerned look turns confused "but-?

kelty sniggers 'he can't hear me speak, so it looks like your just talking to yourself'

"ohhh" i start laughing and then turn to Matt "I'm just having a conversation with the voice in my head" i think about what i had just said and cringe "no wait...! but he was gone.

i groan "great, now he thinks I'm crazy, lovely"

'you can just talk to me in your head ya know?

i groan again and glare at her "well thanks for mentioning it to me in the first place!

My answer was a snigger.

***

i have three words that describe the training

Exhausting as hell

They were bad, most of them couldn't even clench their fist correctly and i was busy teaching the women how to throw a punch and sent them off in pairs to practice.

"How are they? Matt walks up next to me, looking about in the same condition i was: Sweating, bright red and frustrated.

i shake my head whilst watching each partner fail at delivering a simple punch "bad"

"same" he sighs whilst looking behind him to check on how the kids were getting on.

"but i can give them credit because all of them turned up and are at least trying" i argue. They were trying hard, each one of their faces were twisted in concentration., i just felt sorry for them because if they didn't get better they wouldn't stand a chance if rogues got to them.

"yeah its not their fault they weren't trained like the men".

i nod in agreement and step forward "Alright everyone come back and form a circle around me with your partners" i look back to the kids " you guys too!

i turn to Matt "alright, I'm going to give you a demonstration of how you are meant to punch properly and you guys will try your best to copy that. None of us are going anywhere until we've mastered each days demonstrations!

There are a few groans and Matt steps forward "Hey! everyone looks at him "why are y'all complaining? we are doing you a massive favor teaching you how to fight, imagine if rogues got past the warriors, and you guys didn't have any fighting experience, the men couldn't help you because they would be out fighting so you guys would have to defend your families! imagine if we didn't bother teaching yous and you had to watch your families die in front of your eyes! i know thats harsh but that would be the exact outcome. Wouldn't you like to at least learn and if the worst comes to worst you can at least protect the ones you love!?

There are a few murmured agreements and Matt steps back with a nod in my direction. i nod back and him and clap my hands.

"Alrighty folks lets get to it then!

Time to teach these people how to fight!