28

I feel free as the wind snags on my hair and whips it behind me. I swing my arms out and breath in a breath of fresh air.

I hear a growl behind me and turn around, hanging onto Keltys fur for support. I see Derek and realise he was laughing at me.

I stick my tongue out at him and immediately regret it as the wind whips my hair into my face and I get a mouthful of my hair.

I spit it out and turn to glare at Derek who was wolf laughing. I gotta say that his wolf was beautiful. It's colour was even more vibrant than the last time I saw him shift. I turn to look I've my other shoulder and check on Coco, who looked like a pea next to Kelty.

I immediately tell Kelty to stop sprinting and instead slow to a light jog when I see that Coco was struggling to keep up. He gives me a look of doggy thanks and I hear a
Derek breath out a breath of air, making my head swing back to him.

I swear I was gonna get whiplash if I kept this up.

Derek gives me a confused look, well, as confused as a wolf could get.

I point at Coco "he was struggling to catch up! I had to shout over the wind. I growl in frustration as hair made it's way back to my mouth.

After I spat that out I swing my duffel bag around and slow Kelty to a walk so I wouldn't topple off. I shuffle through the bag looking for my hair ties. When I didn't find them I frown in confusion I shuffle harder.

When i still didn't find them I go through my jacket pocket and still didn't find them. Did I leave them behind?

I bring my hand up to swipe the rogue hairs away from my face and catch sight of something on my wrist.

I pull my sleeve up and mentally facepalm. There, sat snug on my wrist were my four hair ties. I hear another wolf chuckle and shoot a glare at Derek who tried to pretend to sniff the air to cover it up.

I shake my head to myself and take a hair tie from my wrist. I bunch up my out of control hair and fasten it tight. I sigh in relief when I could finally see again and could balance better.

***

A few hours later and my butt started to get sore. I shuffle around for a bit, trying to get a comfy position.

Derek darts inside the forest and I halt Kelty, waiting for him to return. When he did he was human and only had a pair of shorts on.

I blush when I spot that he had no shirt on, it was tucked into the waistband of his shorts. I clear my throat, embarrassed "are you um, gonna put your shirt on?

He gives me a lop sided grin, coming further out of the brush "why? Does me not wearing a shirt affect you?

I shake my head and roll my eyes and breath out "typical".

He comes next to Kelty and helps me down from her large back. I hop down and brush my palms against my thighs.

I stretch my legs and arms, feeling them crack because I had been in a sitting position for so long. I make my way to the direction we had been travelling to.

I look over my shoulder at Derek "you coming".

I hear him catch up and he walks in step with me. I hear Kelty and Coco leaping and playing behind us, while still keeping up.

I look behind me and grin at the sight, they were trying to catch a butterfly, typical.

I roll my eyes when coco tackles Kelty and steps on her face to try and catch the poor thing.

I turn back and suddenly feel the urge to run and feel the wind in my hair again. I turn to Derek, mouth open but he seemed to know what I wanted and took off.

I stomp my foot before running after him "hey, no fair!

I debate whether to call Kelty and Coco but decide that if we were in danger I would call them

It took me a while to figure out where Derek was until I felt a piece of bark hit my head and I look up, rubbing my head "ouch! That hurt you idiot!

I hear his laughter in the distance and put my hand up to shield the sun from my eyes. I gasp when I see how high up he was.

 I gasp when I see how high up he was

That's how high the trees were. But the one I'm talking about actually had branches and the tree was way higher.

"Get down here! What are you trying to do? Kill yourself!?!?!?!?

Another chuckle reaches my ear and I growl in frustration.

"If you don't come down I'm coming up!!!!

Another chuckle

"If like to see you try!

I rub my hands together and grab a branch.

"Fine then" I mutter to myself.

I make it half way up before I start to sweat.

I look up to see Derek's shocked face looking down at me.

"I didn't actually mean it!!!

"You could be said!!!! I scream.

"Get down! He shouts at me and starts to make his way down.

I look down and frown "ummm, I think I'm stu-"

The branch I'm clinging onto for dear life snaps and I'm sent tumbling down towards the ground, getting twigs in my hair.

I look for anything break my fall with and spot a vine. I reach for it, the ground coming closer and closer.

:-*

:-*

:-*

:-*

Did she make it?

what's your favourite song?
Mine - Higher by Eminem

what's your favourite song?Mine - Higher by Eminem