30

I snuggle warmly into something soft and rough at the same time. I yawn and open my eyes sleepily.

I squeak and draw back from the black wolf I sleeping on. I glance over at Kelty and Coco still sleeping and slowly start to creep away from the sleeping wolf.

Suddenly it yawns widely, showing all of its razor sharp teeth and opens its eyes, blinking at me. I suddenly recognise the green eyes and scowl. Derek.

I shoot up, whacking my head off the tepee roof "son of a..." I rub my head and dart outside, tripping over my own feet while Derek stares after me, head slightly cocked.

Derek gets up and looks at me with angry eyes, prowling closer to me.

"L-look..." he growls at me and I squeak out "I don't taste good, you know, gristle and bone so don't eat me!

He licks his large chops. I glare and point an accusing finger at him "not funny".

The next few seconds were a blur. One second Derek was a wolf and the next he was a naked human, a very naked human.

I clap my hand over my eyes and say "really!

I hear him growl and the rumble in his throat indicates that he was right in front of me "What wasn't funny was that you ran off and you couldve died!!!

"I was joking around! I stand up for myself.

He steps closer so our chests touch and I step back immediately and he immediately steps forward again.

He grabs my arms and I tense up but all he did was take it from my eyes. I squeeze my eyes shut instead and he rumbles "look at me".

I quirk up an eyebrow "it's kinda hard at the moment" I clear my throat.

He chuckles lowly "why?

I huff "ain't it obvious"

"Hmm, no".

"Your naked"

"Maybe I'm not, you haven't checked".

I open my eyes only to shut them again and I shout "eww I'm scarred for life, you tricked me!!!

He chuckles again "Don't you like what you see?

"No"

"Why?

"I have a mate" I counter back.

"So?

I growl in frustration. Guys are so annoying.

***

We set back on our quest (I've started to call it that because it sounds cooler) after me and Derek had stopped bickering. I trashed the tepee in case the pack came across it... the pack, I tried not to think about the pack just because my heart squeezed every time i did.

While I was on Kelty, jogging I turn to Derek "I've been thinking" he grunts in his human for because apparently he wanted some time being himself "won't the pack be able to track us because we haven't really gone in any direction other than West".

He freezes for a second before jogging again "I never thought of that, well we'll just start to zig zag for a while until we get to the river and them we'll start swimming. That'll throw them off our trail".

I nod and we start to zig zag for the next 4 hours in silence.

***
We finally reach the river and I'm about to jump of Kelty when Derek stops me and points towards the river "the current is too strong for you to swim across, it'll pull you away".

I grumble my thoughts while Kelty grabs Coco between her teeth because the current could carry him off too and she started swimming, Derek shifter into his wolf to swim too.

So we swam for another 2 boring hours until Derek started to head for shore and I steer Kelty in the same direction.

***

After 2 agonizing days we reach our destination and we were greeted by Avery and a couple other people.

Avery smiles "I'm glad you could make it, what made you change your mind?

I shake my head to show that I didn't want to explain it and Derek cuts in "it's a long story".

Avery nods in understanding and gestures for me to follow her "please, come this way, I will show you to the main house".

I crinkle my eyebrows in confusion but follow her. She stops outside a long wooden house with two chimneys. I stare at it with awe mumble to myself "damn this could fit 50 people"

Avery nods as if she heard me and says "yes, it can but our race is dying and there are only 35 that still live" then she looks at me "36 counting you"

I peer up at the house and swear I could see a curtain move and I felt the weight of 20 eyes on me.

Avery clasps her hands in mine "look, I have to warn you, these teens and kids can't do anything like you can, they aren't as advanced as you. They can only harness one or two powers while you, harness them all. They may be intimidated by you because your different-"

I pull my hands away from hers "well I don't want to be different, I'm just gonna figure out how to control my powers and I'm leaving, I just want to protect my pack"

She nods "I understand".

I run a hand through my knotty hair and sigh "sorry... I'm jut worried okay, my own father wants to kill me and my mate so I'm panicking..."

"I understand Casey, I'm going to help you ad best as I possibly can, okay?

I nod and sigh "okay"

"She nods and smiles "now let me show you to your room and you can go mingle with the rest of the group".

"Sounds like a plan" I say and start to haul my large Duffel bag into the house.

Avery stops me and motions to Derek who takes my bag, giving me a tight lipped smile that said that he got it.

I give him a thank you look and follow Avery into the house. I just hope the people here don't judge me to bad... I want to fit in somewhere...

:-*

:-*

:-*

:-*

Okay I've written over 1000 words for you because my last chapter wasn't that long. Hope you like!