12

I hear the bathroom door being broken down (once again) and rushes in, stopping when he sees me standing there with a towel around my waist, unharmed.

I point a shaky finger at the blood that trickled down my leg and squeak "Why is my blood purple!!!!

***

Troy's POV 

It took a while for me and Hannah to calm Casey down but when we finally she starts shouting "Why the Frick Frack is my blood FREAKING purple!!!!

I wince slightly at her volume but pat her on her back as she shakes uncontrollably. She suddenly takes a deep breath and stands up, nearly toppling over on her unsteady feet but when I offered to help she slaps me away, insisting on helping herself.

I sit back down and watch as she turns towards us, running her hands through her perfect blonde hair.

"I don't get It, before when I was cutting myself there wasn't any purple blood?

I shrug and sneak a glance at Hannah who was sitting silently with a sick look in her face. I scrunch my eyebrows together and shoot her a confused look. She catches my look and slightly shakes her head.

Casey notices this and insists on knowing what she knew "What?! If you know something you'd better tell me because I'm not in the mood to be messed with!

Hannah takes a deep breath and when she exhales her words come tumbling out in a rush.
"Lookalliknowisfromabookinthelibrarythaticameacrossand-"

She's interrupted by Casey who shouts "English please!

Hannah looks on the point of crying and doesn't continue, she looked like she was forming her words inside her head.

Casey notices her friends tears and strode over to her, wrapping her in a hug, thankfully it was nothing too horrible that Hannah didn't hug her back because Hannah accepted that hug.

When they finished Hannah stood up and motioned for us to follow her. We followed her for a while before Casey spits out "Where exactly are we going?

If Hannah heard her friend she didn't show It, instead she just walked a few more minutes in silence before she stops outside a door, the library.

She opens the door and rushes through a few aisles before apparently coming to the right one and she starts to climb the ladder. Me and Casey take a seat at one of the tables and seconds later a a massive book is slammed onto it, dust flying everywhere, causing us to shoot up coughing and and sputtering.

In between coughs I force out a sentence "What is this?

Hannah doesn't answer and instead she flicks through a few pages and points to a paragraph, finally speaking "I've never seen it before, it's supposed to be really rare, it's like RPI deficinecy, there has only been a few people with this"

I look over her shoulder at the book which had a picture of a woman with sparks flying out her hands while she's gathered by wolves.

"What exactly is 'this'? Casey whispers.

"Well, it starts with the purple blood and carries on-"

"Are you saying my mate is a disease?! I snap at her and watch as she flinchs and glares at me.

"If you would listen to me you will find out!

She gives me one final glare as if daring me to continue, which I didnt so she carries on.

"Well, these people are called the Kaloúntes, that's the Greek for 'Summoners'" I hear Casey gulp but Hannah keeps on talking "and they aren't werewolves, soon after the Purple Period they start to develop werewolf abilities: Strength, smell, sight Etc. Now they can't turn into wolves, but they can summon them and command them".

"What do you mean? Casey whispers in fright.

Hannah turns another page and points to another picture of another woman in the middle of a war, humans at one end and a load of wolves on her end "That means that from a 135 mile radius you can summon any wolves from that radius, though the further you go the more energy you use. Now, for an actual wolf you use a bit of energy controlling at least 5 because they normally want to obey you. But with a single werewolf it costs a lot more energy because nine times out of ten they will resist your orders, or try to. This is considered to be the rarest of all creatures ever. It is also considered to be a great honour and curse. You see, other people become jealous of your powers and believe that of they drink your blood they will become you. Which is not the case. If they drink your blood they immediately turn to dust and is cursed to eternity in hell because it is said that these creatures are The Moon Godesses children, my grandpa told me stories about that. Though nobody knows that because there were only around 6 of these creatures but that is all I know is from this book, you see, someone has torn the pages out from the rest of the book so I couldn't read the rest. Also, if you are a Kaloúntes you have the ability to read if another person is lying or not but that takes a lot of practice and energy, it also depends on how powerful you are and I'm guessing that Casey is very powerful because you normally start your Purple Period at mid twenties and she is only 17".

When she is finished she takes a deep breath of air and then exhales again. I hear a small sound from beside me and then spot Casey falling to the floor, unconscious. Before she hits the floor I catch her and shake her.

I look over to Hannah in panic and roar "What's wrong with her!!!!????

Hannah points at Casey and says "I believe she has fainted".

************************************

What do think of the new species?

What do you want to happen next?

Please vote!!!

Exactly 1000 words!!!!