24

Waking up was horrible, my eyes were crusty and I was weak and exhausted. As soon as I opened my eyes Troy was at my side, taking care of me while he explained what has happened.

Apparently before I hit the ground my pet Cougar that I totally forgot about :/ came and managed to slow down my fall.

I don't know how and neither does Troy so I guess it's a mystery. After a few days of bed rest just to make sure I was alright I was allowed to go back to the pack house. There I was made to have more bed rest. Ugh.

I managed to sneak out and was just walking around, trying to avoid everyone, including Derek. Yep, he's still here, I didn't tell Troy he pushed me out the window I just made up an excuse that I was dancing and fell.

I had a feeling Derek wasn't the one who pushed me but I wasn't about to go back for seconds so here I am, outside near the edge of the forest.

***

I kick a large patch of dirt in front of me which was a mistake because I easily got the crumbly bits stuck in my sneakers. I snarl in frustration and hop on one foot while trying to get the dirt out.

I hear a snigger behind me and pop my shoe on, looking behind me. Behind me was the last person I wanted to see so I took if in a brisk walk in the opposite direction.

"Please Casey, let me explain! Derek says desperately.

I roll my eyes but keep on fast walking. He catches up to me and grabs my arm. I throw it off me and get in his face... well, chest, since he was way taller than me.

"Don't you DARE touch me! I snarl and spin on my heel.

A flash of colour and Derek is in front on me, eyes pleading me to listen so I stop, fold my arms and bend my knee slightly, in a position that said 'don't try me'.

He looks relieved and starts talking in a really fast voice, causing me to close my eyes and stick my hand up to shut him up.

I wave him on after I say "continue, but this time in a more audible speed".

He nods and starts again, this time slower "ok, so... um I don't know how to say this but... erm... i-i-"

"Oh for God's sake spit it out" I interrupt and roll my eyes.

"Fine, ithinkimpossessed".

I take a step back "what? I ask, hoping I didn't understand what he just said.

He sighs in frustration "I think I'm possessed".

I punch my fist in the air in triumph "I knew it!

He looks confused "wait, you knew!?

I shrug "well, it was more of a hunch".

"Why didn't you tell me?

I raise my brow at him "really, I didn't want to get thrown out another window".

He nods "good point".

I chuckle at him and mumble to myself "so, I have to learn to keep my distance when your eyes are red".

"Huh?

"Uh, your eyes turned red when you hurt me".

His eyes go sorrowful "I'm sorry".

I wave him off "Don't be, it's not your fault-" I pause "wait, it isn't your fault right?

He shakes his head "no, I met this guy in the streets- Well an alleyway and he just touched my forehead, saying something in Latin or something. Then all went black and I woke up feeling dizzy, I thought he drugged me until the first time..."

"The first time you hit me" I finished for him.

He looks at me desperately "I'm sorry, I can't help it, there are certain time when your alone and something pushes me out my mind and I'm just left, not able to do anything but watch as I beat you up and hurt you".

I lay a hand on his arm "we'll work this out together, okay?

He nods then pulls back suddenly, a red tint in his eyes.

"Derek? I inch closer to him to shake him but he jumps back and cries "no, don't touch me, that activates it!

I slowly start to inch back as there was an internal battle in Derek. Blood red fills his irises and he smiles evilly at me "hello Casey".

I gasp and start running. After a few minutes of chase my side starts to burn and I nearly sigh in relief when I spot the house and people outside it.

I sprint as fast as I could to Troy and my friends "Casey? Seamus says in confusion and the rest turn around.

I fall into Troy while he held me "Casey, what's wrong?

I gasp for air, only managing to get a few words out "He... possessed... chase... can't help... it".

I whimper when Derek comes into view. Troy spots him and goes rigid, he pushes my gently behind him and barks at Derek, who's blood red gaze was fixed on me.

"What the heck is this, why are you chasing her?

Derek doesn't answer and comes closer. When he was in arms length Troy tries to punch him but Derek stops and catches his fist, drawing gasps from the crowd that was slowly starting to trickle around us. He twists his arm, causing Troy to cry out and swings him over his shoulder, making him crash into the stone steps.

"Troy" I cry out when he doesn't move.

I try to run to him but Seamus and Matt held me back.

As they fight Derek unsuccessfully I try think of a plan. An idea flashes in my mind, along with Latin words and gestures that I don't know what they meant but decide to give them a go.

"Coco! Kelty! With me! I shout. If you don't know who Kelty is she is the Cougar. I decided to name her earlier.

Pounding footsteps thunder towards me and suddenly a wolf and cougar and stood on either side of me.

Matt and Seamus lay groaning in two heaps on the ground. My heart squeezes but I push it back.

Derek is now facing me, with the same evil smile.

"Casey! I hear Hannah and Molly shout me but I ignore them, instead, I focus on un-demoning Derek.

"Kelty, Coco, attack"

Sooo, what do ya think, is kelty a good name for a Cougar?

Please vote!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!😗😍

Keep reading!!