2| His Name

"I can't wait to find my mate," Isla sighed out in happiness and hope. I let out a hum. "Don't you wanna find yours?," she asked me as she plopped down on my bed.

I looked up at her from my magazine. I thought about the Alpha that arrived two days ago. It's been two days since I last saw him so I'm pretty sure he left. Thinking about it, I realised no one mentioned his name and that seems strange. He's my mate and I don't even know his name. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I'm not really bothered," I shrugged. She didn't look pleased with the vague answer she was given. When I didn't elaborate, she gave up and began channel surfing on my tv.

"Alana! Isla!," my mom called us from downstairs. I gave her a confused look as I entered the kitchen. "Your father and I are going to the pack house for a meeting. I expect you girls to be on your best behaviour. Now, Liam won't be back until later. He's doing whatever boys do nowadays."

"Okay," we said at the same time.

As we watched my mom and dad drive away, Isla turned towards me. "What's wrong?," she asked me concerned. I looked at her confused. "I know that something is bothering you." Damn, I really am an open book.

"You're barely talking and eating. Tell me how I can help you." It's a miracle I got out of bed today. It was Isla that dragged me out of my bed and into the shower. If it was up to me, I would've stayed in my bed because that's where I feel safe and comfortable.

I ignored her and sat on the couch and put a random movie on Netflix. Neither of us were focusing on the movie, both of us deep in thought. Before I knew it, my parents were back and Isla bid me farewell as she travelled home. I went to bed drowning in my thoughts.

*******

"Alana! Can you come down?," my mom said sounding extra nice from the bottom of the stairs. I quickly got out of my closet and walked down the stairs. I stood there in confusion and shock as I see my mate stood in my living room. He seemed extremely uncomfortable and out of place as he let no emotions spill through. His defined face remained completely neutral and stoic. He glanced at me as I entered before resting his eyes on the wall, practically refusing to look at me.

Well douchebag, I don't want to look at you either.

"What's happening?," I asked as I kept my distance from him and my voice steady, not wanting it to tremble because I am really fucking nervous. 

"He's your mate," my dad stated.

"Is he now?," I countered. I was hurt. I wanted him to know that but I also wanted him to know that what he did doesn't affect me even thought it does.

"He is taking you back home with him," my dad explained as he subtly glared at him. Don't cry, don't cry. I'm stronger than this. I'm not gonna let some douche make me feel like this. I've been through much worse.

"Why?," I asked my mate as I turned towards him avoiding his eyes. I was afraid to look in his eyes and to see them full of hate for me. It's a stupid fear, I know.

"My pack needs a Luna," he shrugged carelessly. I felt a stab at my chest when I failed to hear him calling me his mate. "We leave at 4pm. Pack your bags and be ready. We'll pick you up from here." He left after that without a goodbye.

"I'm not fucking leaving," I scoffed out, angry.
"You have no choice," my dad said before leaving the room. He was acting brave but I know deep down he didn't want me to leave. I sighed before I went upstairs and called Isla.

Within a couple of minutes, she was here. I explained the situation to her as she helped me pack. When I was finally done, it was time for me to leave. I was hoping that I'd be done early with an hour to spare so I could spend some time with everyone but I guess the universe hates me.