20| No

"It's been a long time, Alpha Grayson."

Ace and Xavier looked at me proudly with small smirks on their faces. Grayson stood from his seat and came towards me. He glanced down at the hand that was holding Xaviers tightly.

I squeezed his hand suddenly feeling lightheaded from his scent. Stupid mate bond. Aria looked between us all, confused as Graysons eyes shifted from our hands to the little girl in my arms. She squirmed under his gaze causing Ace to clear his throat. Grayson snapped his gaze towards him before turning back to me. "Alana," he simply said. I never realised how much I actually missed him (even though we rarely spoke) until I heard his deep husky voice.

"Alpha Grayson!," Xavier exclaimed, feeling the awkwardness. "Welcome. So what brings you here?"

Grayson looked at him before speaking. "Didn't your Alpha tell you?," he asked.

"I must've just forgotten," Xavier shrugged.

"I think I'll remind you," Grayson replied with a small smile on his face, it was sort of unusual to see but he looked happier. He stared at me for a moment too long before tearing his eyes away and speaking to Ace and Xavier. "I'm here to get my mate back."

"Excuse me," I scoffed out. "Your mate doesn't want to go anywhere with you." I have no idea why I spoke in third person.

"My mate, a warrior, who would've thought?," he said in disbelief but he sounded as if he was proud of me. I couldn't help but feel like I'm misreading the whole situation because this isn't like Grayson. Or at least this isn't like the Grayson I knew. "One of the best in the whole world too."

I didn't say a word causing us to stand there awkwardly as Ace and Xavier ushered random people out of the room. Suddenly, a gut feeling hits me. A feeling of something heavy weighing me down. I have a choice to make. Do I want to be with him or do I want to accept the rejection?

"So how have you been?," Noah asks happily, breaking the awkward silence. My head snapped towards him as my lips curved up in a smile.

"Oh you know the usual. Dying then coming back to life," I shrugged. I watched as Noah's face fell. "So how's Olivia?"

"She's perfect," he sighed out happily making me give him a small smile.

"Zane," I said flatly, addressing him. "Where's Isla? You could've brought her, we haven't seen each other in years."

"Travelling isn't good for a baby," he shrugged. "And Toby doesn't like being in the same spot for hours." Toby is their child; he's almost 3 years old. I haven't seen him in person only pictures.

"She's pregnant?" He nodded his head.

"We wanted to wait a while before we started telling people."

"Congratulations," I told him with a small smile.

"Thanks."

"I need to pee," Aria muttered as she looked at me.

"Alright, let's go," I said wanting to go with her as I began to walk out of the room with Aria still in my arms. I needed to get away.

Ten minutes later, we slowly walked down the stairs. When I heard them talking in hushed whispers, I instantly stopped and sat on a step. After telling Aria to be quiet and to not move, I focused on their conversation.

"She's doing a lot better," I heard Grayson say. "Thanks for giving me updates on her. I owe you."

"No problem," Ace replied. "She's your mate and you belong together. I have no idea what went down between the two of you all those years ago but I can tell you now that she's still not fully healed. Whatever happened fucked her up big time."