19| Long Time

Five years later
"Aria!," I said loudly. "Where are you?" I walked towards the kitchen where the sound of crunching could be heard. I stood by the door with a hand on my hip once I saw who the culprit was. I cleared my throat causing the four year old to look at me with wide eyes almost like a deer caught in headlights. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, looking down. "Daddy said I could have a cookie before he left."

"One cookie, not two," I told her. She looked up at me with her doe eyes causing me to cave. "Fine, you can have another one." She let out a cheer of happiness before taking a cookie and putting the jar away. I let out a sigh as I watched her skip away before I made her a little sandwich. I gave it to her and sat with her for a while before she finally fell asleep. I picked her up from the couch and carried her up to her room before I tucked her into her bed.

"Boo," someone whispered in my ear as I backed out of Arias room, closing the door behind her. I jumped in fright before turning to see who it was.

"I'm gonna kill you," I whisper-yelled, not wanting to wake up Aria. I watched as Ace struggled to contain his laughter. I rolled my eyes and walked downstairs towards the couch. "How's Emily and Jax?," I asked him.

Emily was his mate. He found her a couple of months after we met and soon after Aria was born followed by Jax. Alpha Daniels stepped down from his title a little after Ace and Emily met so Ace and Emily are now the packs leaders. To be honest, they're doing a perfect job.

"They're both fine," he said with a small smile. He shook his head, shaking away his thoughts before he turned to me. "I'm gonna go to bed. Thanks for looking after Aria. I owe you."

"You know I love looking after her," I said with a small smile. "I'll see you later." I watched as he walked down the hallway to his room before I left his home. I walked the ten minutes from his home to the pack house. When I reached my room, I dropped my bag on the floor before diving face first into my bed.

-

Graysons PoV
"I'm coming," I said firmly to the caller.

"She doesn't know," Ace spoke through the phone. Ace has been a lot of help these past few years. Once I found her, I reached out to him and ever since then he's been updating me on Alana.

"She'll find out when I get there," I spoke before I cut the call.

After a long time of searching for Alana, I finally found her. I've not approached her but today I plan to. I've tried to stay away. I've tried to let her move on but I can't. I need her with me.

I went a little crazy after she left for a long fucking time but in the end that only encouraged me to put all that energy into something else. I put it all into becoming the best Alpha I could possibly be and finding her.

I know I fucked over and over again. I know I did and honestly, I've noticed how I've changed from all those years ago. I'm more focused on the pack. I'm focused on becoming a better person for her.

I've got everything in my life now all except for her. I know that once I get her back I won't ever stop trying to make it up to her.

All I need now is the chance to prove that I'm a changed man. I need the chance to show her what sort of mate I can be to her and hopefully she'll realise I'm true to my word.

Alana's PoV
"Knock. Knock," Xavier said as he walked into my room. "Rise and shine, buttercup." He pulled back the curtains letting light in. I pulled my head under the duvet, wanting to sleep a little more. He let out a sigh before he pulled the duvet off me and threw it on the floor.