32| New Addition

I went over to the pack house with Grayson. People greeted the both of us in happiness. They knew we mated. My scent has fully changed and mixed with his completely. I went to Islas apartment in the pack house. Grayson took Zane and they both headed to the office.

I held baby Andrea Rose in my arms. I sat next to Isla on the couch. "Stop it," I told her.

"Stop what?," she asked innocently.

"Looking at me like that," I stated.

"You've mated with him!," she almost screamed out.

"My heat came and it just sort of happened," I told her. I don't regret mating with him.

"That's why I didn't see you for the past week," she realised. I nodded my head.

My heat ended two days ago but Grayson and I stayed inside. We wanted to savour every moment together before we got thrusted into pack work and life.

"When did it finish exactly?," she asked. I looked at her weirdly. "Yesterday? The day before? When?"

"The day before yesterday," I answered. Mentally, I quickly put up a barrier separating his thoughts and mine. I can't risk him coming in my mind and listening to my thoughts. One good thing about putting up a barrier is that not only are your thoughts kept hidden but your feelings are too.

Isla picked up her baby from my arms and stood up. She ushered me to follow her as she put the baby down for a nap in her nursery. She pushed me into her bathroom. She opened the cupboard and rummaged through it, clearly looking for something.

When she found it, she slowly closed the cupboard door and put the box on the counter. I leaned forward to see what it was. "No way," I told her in disbelief. "There's no fucking way."

"If you had sex more than once there's a chance," she told me. "He's an Alpha. You know it's more likely to happen."

"Give me the damn test."

-

I stared at the stick. Two lines. Isla glanced between me and the stick.

I'm pregnant.

I knew it could happen but I didn't actually think it would. Everyone knows that Alphas are the strongest, physically and genetically.

"I-I'm pregnant?," I said in disbelief though it sounded more like a question. Isla nodded her head. "I'm gonna have to tell him, aren't I?," I asked. She nodded her head once again.

"I can't get my head around this," I breathed out. I glanced at the stick once again hoping that one line would disappear. They were both still there. "H-How did it even happen?" I watched as Isla opened her mouth to speak. "Actually don't answer that," I told her.

I threw the test in the trash can. I wasn't going to carry it around and show it to him. I peed on the thing. My wolf was howling in my head. I couldn't help but slowly begin to feel excited for this baby.

We headed back to her family room. We sat on the couch and talked. An hour later, Grayson and Zane came back. Grayson sat beside me with an arm over my shoulders. We ate dinner and left almost two hours later.

By the time we were walking home, the sun was setting. We could've stayed at the pack house but I prefer staying at his house. Once we got home, we instantly went to our room. Once I changed my clothes, I got into the bed. Grayson slid in beside me. He was surfing through the different channels on the tv, trying to find something to watch.

"We have no new leads," he suddenly said. I knew he was talking about who sent us that threat and who killed my mother. "The wolves caught a scent but it was a dead end. Whoever threatened us knew what they were doing. They knew to mask their scent." I let out a hum in response. It was most definitely not the right time to tell him about our new addition. 

"I hope you find something soon," I told him as I let out a yawn. He kissed the top of my head and told me to relax. Soon enough, I fell asleep.

-

It's been a week since I found out that I'm pregnant. I haven't had the chance to tell Grayson. He's always busy. He leaves early in the morning and comes back late at night. He hasn't noticed that I've blocked him from entering my mind and feeling my feelings. He's missed out on a lot of pack work because of me.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My stomach was still normal. It wasn't changing shape.

If my mom was here, she'd be excited to be a grandmother. I felt my heart break at the thought that my child won't have any grandparents.

It'll just have us.

I knew for sure that I was pregnant. My wolf knew that we were.

I knocked on Islas door in the pack house. She opened it and pulled me inside. "Your scents changed slightly," she said as she sniffed the air. Our scents change a lot. They change when we get marked and when we mate. They also change to tell others know that we're pregnant.

"Well, he hasn't noticed," I scoffed out.

"Alana, come to the office," Grayson's voice sounded in my head. I didn't bother replying as I left Islas home. I walked up a couple of floors until I reached a big wooden door. I threw a smile at the warrior who was stood guarding it. I pushed the door open and entered.

I glanced over at Zane to see him furrowing his eyebrows at me. No doubt he noticed the change in my scent. I sat in seat that was in front of the desk. "What's up?," I asked.

"There's a mole," he said, immediately getting my attention. "We need to find them."

"Can't you use your Alpha voice and demand them to reveal themselves?," I asked.

He shook his head, no. "I could do it but what if they alert whoever they're working with. I can't risk anyone's safety especially yours."

My instinctively landed on my stomach. He didn't notice. My safety isn't my number one priority but my baby's is.

He stopped talking and looked at me. He held my hand from across the table, leaving my other one still on my stomach. "Are you okay?," he asked worriedly. I nodded my head slowly. I feeling a little nauseous. "You don't look it."

I let go of his hand to put over my mouth. I ran to the bathroom they had connected to the office. I could hear Grayson following behind me. He held my hair as I heaved out everything in my stomach. "Let's go the pack doctor," he suggested. I shook my head firmly.

"I'm fine," I told him as I stood up and rinsed my mouth.

"No you're not," he told me. "We're going."

"I-I need to tell you something."