29| Happy Place

I rolled over in the bed. I let out a groan when the throbbing in my neck wasn't allowing me to go back to sleep. An arm wrapped around me. An arm? The tingles I was feeling let me know that it was Grayson.

Realising what happened yesterday, I sat up in bed. I noticed that I was in Grayson room instead of my own. I threw the duvet off me as I ran towards the bathroom. He woke up startled and followed behind me, wondering what was wrong.

I moved my hair away from my neck to see a the mark. I could hear my wolf howling in happiness in my head. It was an image of both of our wolves standing side by side.

"It's beautiful," I breathed out.

"Stunning," Grayson told me causing me to look at him. He was only in his boxers. I definitely do not have a problem with that. His 6 pack was on display. His tattoo on one of his shoulders covers his skin. That must've hurt. Werewolves don't scar easily so they must've gone over the tattoo more than once.

I gave him a small smile before looking down at my clothes. I'm not in the same clothes as yesterday. His hand reached up to rub the back of his head. "I got one of the maids to change you," he said sheepishly. I let out a small laugh.

"Thanks," I told him. My clothes were completely wet. He gave me a nod before he ushered me out of the bathroom. I slowly went back to my old room, I guess, and got ready.

-

Our wolves haven't met each other yet, have they?," Grayson asked.

"I can't remember," I told him honestly. I doubt  they did. I could feel my wolf getting excited. We walked out of the house and entered the forest. I hid behind a tree before taking my clothes off and shifting. I haven't shifted since I've been here. The familiar sounds of my bones cracking and moving was all I could hear.

Soon I was on all fours. I walked out from behind the trees to see Grayson's midnight black wolf. A wolfs fur being midnight back signifies that they're an Alpha. Brown is for the rest of the wolves minus the Luna, beta and his mate and the gamma and his mate.

Grayson's wolf has a patch of white behind his ear. Every wolf has something to show that they're different. His wolf took a step towards me. Before he could blink, my wolf pounced on him playfully. She nipped his ear and got up from him and ran away. She wanted him to chase her. She and I both knew that if he really wanted to catch up to us, he could.

My wolf, Dawn, stopped in her tracks. We couldn't hear him anymore. She glanced around and before we knew it, we were pushed to ground. Dawn tilted her head to the side to growl playfully at Ice, Grayson's wolf.

They played for a while and soon they were laying on the ground side by side. I could feel both of their happiness. Ice and my wolf had marked one another.

Since Grayson marked me, he can feel my emotions and I can feel his. We can feel each others physical pain too. We can easily slip into the others mind to see what they're thinking about.

This was a beautiful moment that my wolf and I will cherish forever.

Almost an hour later, we decided to shift back. Grayson and I walked through the forest side by side before sitting nearby a mesmerising waterfall.

"Favourite colour?," I asked him. We were trying to get to know each other a little bit better.

"Black," he answered. "Yours?" I knew it!

"I don't have a favourite colour," I shrugged. "But if I had to choose, I'd say purple."

"Favourite food?"

"Pasta," I told him.

"Really?," he asked. I nodded my head. "It's my favourite too. My mom and I would make it whenever we could. I'll make it for you one day."

"One day?," I asked. "Why not now?"

"I'm too lazy," he groaned as he laid down.

"Birthday?"

"3rd of January. Yours?"

"2nd of August. Wait," I said as I faced him. He propped himself up on his elbows. "I have no idea how old you are."

He let out a laugh. "I'm 27."

"25," I told him. "So when we met I was 19 and you was 21?" He nodded his head.

"Guess so," he shrugged.

"I can't believe I never asked you that!," I exclaimed in disbelief. I threw my body back so I was lying beside him. He was still holding his head up with his hands.

"This is crazy," I told him. "When I first met you, I couldn't see a future for us but now I do. You've changed. You've come a long way from the asshole you used to be."

"I was a pretty big asshole," he agreed. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes just enjoying each other's company.

"I want to go away for a little while," I told him. "I need a little break from all this drama."

"Me too," he told me before he stood up. He held his hand out for me to hold. I held it and stood up.

"Where are we going?," I asked. He shrugged his shoulders. "Can I talk to your wolf?" His eyes lit up.

"Really?," he asked. I nodded my head. I haven't spoken to him since that day he convinced me to come back. He closed his eyes and opened them again. His natural grey eyes were no longer there. His eyes were glowing yellow.

"Alana," Ice breathed out as he touched my cheek. "I've waited so long to talk to you again."

"Really?," I asked. "Why didn't you just-."

"He wouldn't have let me. He thinks I would've marked you," he rolled his eyes making me believe that Ice would've marked me before I was ready.

I let out a chuckle. "You're a horny wolf. You probably would have."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Dawn tells me things," I shrugged.

He smiled at me. "I'm glad you decided to give us a second chance especially after all the times we fucked up." As he spoke, he moved my hair away from my neck, revealing the mark. His finger trailed over it giving me goosebumps.

"We're together now," I told him. "That's all that matters." I leaned forward and gave him a peck on the cheek. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Promise you won't leave again?," he asked, his voice cracking. My eyes watered at the sight of him. He really doesn't want to lose me again. I put both of my hands on either side of his cheeks.

"I promise I won't. I won't be able to. You're stuck with me forever," I promised with slight chuckle.

He leaned in. My breath hitched in my throat. My heart started racing. This has happened more than once yet this feeling will never get old. As he got closer, I was afraid he could hear my heartbeat. He probably could. My heart was pounding in my ears. Once our lips touched, it was heaven. It was like fireworks went off. One of my hands trailed down to his shoulders while the other one made its way up into his hair. I really love his hair. Our tongues danced together.

Minutes later, I was feeling lightheaded. We both slowly broke apart and instead of seeing Ices yellow eyes, I saw his alluring grey eyes staring back at me.

"Bet you were waiting for that, weren't you?," I chuckled breathlessly. He let out a loud laugh, something I realised he's been doing a lot of. We moved away and began walking. He threw an arm over my shoulders, holding me close to him. I looked up at him with a huge smile on my face.

I have to admit. This has been the happiest I've ever been. He's my happy place. He's the light that's at the end of the tunnel.