25| Surprise Package

I was laid in bed. The bright sun hurt my eyes as I snapped the open. I sat up and looked around confused. I was back at home in my bed. What happened? Was that crash a dream? "Do you remember what happened?," Grayson asked from beside me. I snapped my head towards him, noticing he had a few cuts and bruises on his face and shirtless upper half.

God, I'm really loving this side to him.

"No," I breathed out, gathering my thoughts. This is no time to be thinking like that. "I remember that we were in the car but that's it."

"We were hit," he told me. "Someone's after us. Thank goddess I brought some wolves with us." I looked at him confused.

"You didn't bring-."

I don't remember anyone following us. "They were following us but they weren't directly behind us. I wouldn't ever go anywhere with you without protection. If they weren't there, we could've been killed or you would've been taken."

"So someone's after us?," I asked. He nodded his head.

"Seems so," he said.

"Are you okay?," I asked. "Has anyone checked those out?" He nodded his head and assured me he's been checked out by the pack doctor before landing a kiss on my forehead.

Suddenly, his eyes glazed over, meaning someone was mind linking him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed. "We have to go."

-

"This was delivered to the pack house," Noah announced as he dropped a package on the desk in front of Grayson. The package reeked of blood. The office was filled with people that I didn't know or recognised. I let out a frustrated growl.

"Why can't we ever just not worry about someone trying to kill us?," I asked, tiredly. Grayson wrapped an arm around my waist bringing me closer to him before he planted a small kiss on my forehead. His kisses currently seem to be limited to my forehead, never daring to move any lower. My face instantly reddened. This is not the place nor the time to act like a love struck puppy. I have to admit that it felt good. It made me feel normal for once.

Slowly, Grayson made a move towards the package. He opened it and took out a note. "The end of you, your mate and your pack will be soon."

No shit Sherlock. We already know they're trying to kill us and they're obviously after the pack. "They could've worded the threat a little bit better," I muttered.

I leaned forward to see what was in the box. Grayson quickly slammed it shut. I looked at him weirdly. "Let me see what's in the box," I said to him. He shook his head.

"I can't let you do that," he stated, his eyes wide in shock.

"Like hell you can't," I muttered as I pushed him hands away from the box and opened it. I let out a gasp as I slammed it shut.

I grabbed the trash can and emptied my stomach off all its contents. "That's my-," I panted out, tears threatening to fall. "That's my-."

"I know," he mumbled. He grabbed me and pulled me towards him, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm so sorry."

Grayson's PoV
Alana suddenly leaned forward to see what was in the box. I quickly slammed it shut causing her to look at me weirdly. "Let me see what's in the box," she said to me. I firmly shook my head. I can't let her see it.

"I can't let you do that," I stated, knowing that if she saw it, it'll break her.

The eyes that are wide with terror. The image of her head in that box is forever imprinted in my mind.

"Like hell you can't," I heard her mutter as she roughly pushed my hands away from the box and opened it. She let out a gasp before she slammed it shut.

She grabbed the trash can and vomited. "That's my-," she panted out on the verge of tears. "That's my-."

"I know," I mumbled. I couldn't say anything else. I grabbed her and pulled her towards me, wrapping my arms around her. "I'm so sorry."

"That's my-," she sobbed out. "That's-my-mom."

I quickly sent a mind link to those in my office, demanding them to leave. She needs privacy.

"They hurt your family," I told her. "I promise they won't get away with this."

"She's my best friend," she blubbered. "How could..." I stayed silent. There isn't much I can say. It's her mother. The woman who gave birth to her. The one who's been there through everything.

Of course, I understand her pain but my mom wasn't killed. She did it to herself. And her head wasn't delivered to me. But it was to Alana.

After a while, Alana fell asleep in my arms and I was left to my thoughts.

If we had arrived at her parents house, her mom would've been fine. They ran us off the road and went to kill her.

I picked up the phone and called Alana's brother. "Alpha Grayson," he spoke. "Is Alana okay?"

"She's fine," I told him. "Liam, where's Beta Reid?" The way he spoke made me think that he has no idea about his mother's death.

"Can you put Alana on the phone?," he asked. "I need to talk to her."

"She's asleep," I stayed silent for a moment, debating on telling him about his mother. "She knows."

"What? How?," he asked.

I took a deep breath before speaking. "Your mother's head was delivered to us."

He stayed silent. I almost thought he cut the call until I heard sniffing on the other side. "Can you tell Alana that the funeral is tomorrow?," he asked.

"She'll be there," I promised him. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks," he said curtly before he cut the call.

I clenched my fist whoever the bastard is that killed her mom is gonna die. You best believe that I'm coming after them.