33| Home

"I-I need to tell you something."

He looked at me expectantly. "What's up?"

"I'm pregnant," I breathed out, finally feeling like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. He stayed silent. I couldn't read his mind nor feel his emotions.

"It's not a good time to bring a pup into this world," he told me like as if I made the baby myself. I get where he's coming from since we're in danger but when haven't we?

"Are you forgetting that I didn't make it myself?," I snapped. He let out a sigh.

"I didn't mean it like that," he said softly. He wrapped his arms around me bringing me closer to him. "I'm sorry." He rested his chin on my head. "It's been a while since your heat. Your wolf must've told you as soon as she knew."

"We found out a week ago," I told him. He moved his chin from my head and looked at me. "I tried to tell you but you were so busy and worried about the pack."

"It's okay," he told me. He leaned down and gave me a small peck on my lips. I will never get used to the sparks and tingles.

"Really?," I asked. He nodded his head. He moved his arms and grabbed my hand instead.

"Let's go to the pack doctor."

-

I laid on the hospital bed as the doctor rubbed some cold gel on my stomach. Grayson held my hand as he watched the doctor wearily. We stared at the doctor as he moved the wand around the lower half of my stomach. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I heard the heartbeat.

"Is that...?", I trailed off, unable to finish my sentence. Tears began to form in my eyes. The doctor nodded his head.

"That's a strong heartbeat," he informed us. "We can't see the little one yet because he's too small." I nodded my head and sat up. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped the gel off my stomach. I pulled my top down and got off the bed.

"It doesn't feel real," I told Grayson honestly. "If someone ever told me that we'd actually get along and we were becoming parents, I would've laughed in their face."

"The world works in crazy ways," he remarked as he threw an arm across my shoulders.

"The Luna ceremony is tomorrow," I told him. "I don't want to tell people about the pup until we know who the mole is."

"The pack will notice the change in your scent." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Just don't confirm it. Let them think whatever they want."

"Let's go somewhere," he told me. I raised an eyebrow. He didn't say anything else as we walked through the forest. Suddenly, we came across a huge tree. I watched as he began to climb up the ladder that was stuck to the tree. A treehouse. I followed suit and soon I was at the top. We could see over the trees. It was absolutely beautiful.

"I made this when I was a kid," he told me. "Zanes dad made it but I helped." I gave him a small smile. I looked at the ground to see blankets, pillows, snacks and a laptop.

"What's this?"

"I was hoping we could stay here tonight," he said. "We haven't really seen much of each other."

"That's be nice."

"I got Zane to bring it all up on the way here."

"You are so lazy," I told him with a small laugh. We sat on the blanket and leaned against the pillows. He put on Netflix on the laptop and started to find a movie. "No! Not that!" It was twilight.