Chapter 205: Uruk-Thai

Oerbora, Daggerfall,

2:50 p.m. 18th Banem 1092.

A heavy, tense silence hung over the city, several orcs going about their day with bloodshot red eyes. News of the massacre at Rhatheh had spread far and wide, reaching the ears of even the most reclusive of orcs. The proud tribes, consumed by rage and anger, wished for nothing more than to go out and slaughter every dwarf in sight for revenge. Unfortunately, the chief Grimlock had instead ordered a lockdown until he got to the bottom of what happened.

However, everyone knew the real truth. Grimlock was waiting for either Renark or Dust to return. Neither of their bodies was found among the dead, leading the chief to believe at least one of them was alive. He hoped to hear the news of exactly what transpired in that meeting that managed to catch both orcs off-guard.

Suddenly, a shout pierced through the stillness, its message instantly invigorating the once quiet city. "It's Ragelock! Ragelock is back!"

Like a great green flood, thousands of orcs immediately dropped whatever they were doing and rushed to the city gates, eager to see the famous chief and hear what he had to say. Did the dwarfs really betray them, or was something else at play here?

The orcs eventually made it to the gate, where they saw a stumbling Renark supported by GrizzlyDiamond, with the other members of Silver Spear around them. Normally, the orcs would have reacted strongly to the presence of these humes, but Renark's critical condition seized their attention. The poor orc suffered numerous large and small injuries, many of which were life-threatening. He could barely stand, only managing to walk as a result of GrizzlyDiamond's support.

Seeing Renark's state, the orcs could not help but exclaim in shock, "Vengeful Sutr. What happened to you!?"

Renark violently coughed, spitting out large mouthfuls of blood in the process. The orc weakly raised his eyes to look at the person who spoke and then begged, "Grimlock. I need to see Grimlock. Quick!"

The orc rapidly nodded as he processed his shock and then turned around to find the great chief.

Meanwhile, the other orcs quickly crowded around Ragelock, each one with a thousand questions. What had happened? Where had he been? Who were the people with him? A thousand questions for a single orc who looked to be on the verge of death. Luckily, a smart orc realized the severity of the situation and pushed the rest of his brethren backward, creating space for Renark to breathe.

"Th-thank you," Renark huffed between heavy pants and then asked once more, "Where's Grimlock?"

"I am here, Ragelock," Grimlock called out as the crowd parted, forming a path to the injured orc. Grimlock walked up to Renark, eyes narrowing slightly as he glanced at Brilith and her party. However, moments later, he looked at Renark with sadness in his eyes, "So. It really is you." The orc sighed and then asked, "And Durst?"

Renark shook his head. "We got separated at Adder's Pass." He took a deep breath to stabilize his breath and then continued, "He drew our pursuers onto himself, so I could escape."

"Sounds like something he would do," lamented Grimlock with a sigh. "I can only pray he is not dead. But if he hasn't returned for this long, then he most likely is." Grimlock sighed once again as he took out a potion and fed it to Renark. "Here, this should help clear out the foreign ki in your bloodstream."

"Thank you," Renark said as he felt the foreign ki invading his body slowly being expelled outward, which then allowed his regeneration to finally kick in. The orc let out a relieved chuckle as he felt strength returning to his body. When he was strong enough, he removed his hand from GrizzlyDiamond's neck. He then slowly regained his balance as his leg muscles healed at a visible rate.