Chapter 219: The Cursed Seven (1)

"The tale of Razznik and the Cursed Seven is a peculiar one, filled with heartbreak, betrayal, love, and fear. This is a tale of a man who fought against the natural order of the world, incurring countless enemies along the way. To date, no one truly knows what drove him to endlessly pursue such heights despite the pain and torment.

However, perhaps the world should have taken notice when Razznik, in his first year, displayed an indomitable, possibly insane will to achieve a goal most considered impossible.

Razznik, like you, Zuri, was a Summoned from another world. There isn't much difference in the way Summoned operate between now and back then. In both eras, Summoned relied commonly relied on levels to grow stronger and then banked on attaining stronger classes to ultimately open the gap between themselves and other Summoned.

Razznik, however, was the first to truly challenge that notion. The young man locked himself in the city for a year, training under different teachers from various schools to push his body's stats to their ultimate limit. Furthermore, he exploited a loophole in the Summoned's innate nature to help him achieve this goal.

You see, unlike now, back then, Summoned, by default, were granted Aethir's Blessing, a spell that allowed them to be revived after being killed. However, the one caveat was that Summoned would lose a level after death and be penalized. The penalty was a loss in both the stats gained from leveling and 10% of all stats accumulated outside leveling.

It was a strict penalty that forced the Summoned to treat death with respect, but Razznik saw it as an opportunity. The crazy man committed suicide by monster whenever he crossed level 1. This, in turn, meant he lost 10% of all the hardwork he'd done. But he did not give up.

Due to losing so many stats each time he died, it took him a whole year to finally accumulate 99 stats in every combat and magic field. However, he was not just a stat-padded idiot. Far from it. Having undergone intense, focused training from dozens of instructors, Razznik's weapon and magic skills attained nigh-perfection.

In an age where most Summoned relied on flashy skills and help from the gods when battling, Razznik was the first to rely on pure personal skill in battle. On the day he finally left that city, perhaps, aside from his instructors, no one knew that a monster had been unleashed upon the world.

Following Razznik's rise to infamy, many questioned the instructors, wondering whether they didn't see any signs. However, no matter who was asked, they all replied the same way, "I just wanted to see how far he could go." Indeed, despite the Instructors' blood, sweat and tears, none of them had managed to complete the feat Razznik challenged.

Razznik's [Vajra Body] was the first and last of its kind. We do not know the exact details, but it soon proved its strength in Razznik's second year in Zytra. This is the tale of the first Cursed, Zeing Ashqoj, born to the unholy union of dwarf and giant.

During Razznik's second year, a race of giants were running amok across the continent, plundering, fighting, and pillaging everything in sight. Countless armies were raised to combat the locusts, but all were vanquished.

To make matters worse, the stronger warriors couldn't provide help because the region, like this one, was level-locked to 200 and below. Anyone above level 200 would find their strength severely restricted upon entering that land. As a result, no warrior dared entered the region for fear of losing their lives in such a frustrating manner.

Pushed to the edge of their limits, the surrounding nations issued a contract to the Adventurers' Guild, seeking help.

A mouth-watering reward enticed hundreds of mercenaries, both Summoned and Residents alike, to challenge the giants. Unfortunately, it all proved fruitless as the adventurers also fell one after another. Luckily, the giants stopped pillaging for a few days to host a tournament—a tournament hosted every ten years to pick their new leader. The winner would get a chance to challenge the current leader. If they won, then they took over the crown of King of the Giants.