Anxiety

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Bro, anxiety sucks, doesn't it? Sorry, this has nothing to do with the story, just real life decisions. And I hate my anxiety. Just wanted to tell someone.

Also, I couldn't find a good name for this chapter so how I was feeling inspired me.

Words: 1,252

__________

Huffing, Devyn climbs into the passenger side of the ambulance and slams the door shut behind her. "Okay," Richard says slowly while starting the vehicle.

"What?" Devyn snaps and sighs as soon as she does. "Sorry, just...men suck. No offense."

"None taken," Richard mumbles while pulling out onto the street. "I agree with you."

"Oh, wow, can you say that again?" Devyn looks over at her partner and chuckles. "Richard Parker is agreeing with me. Call the press."

"Okay, really?"

"Sorry," Devyn shakes her head with another small laugh. "So, um, I'm going out with Spencer and his team tonight."

"Oh, yeah?" Richard hums. "And you're freaking out."

"Am not!" Devyn shouts. She'd hit his shoulder if he wasn't driving. "Just...okay, maybe a little."

"Why?"

Sputtering, Devyn shrugs and gestures to nothing. "This is my boyfriend's closest friends and co-workers. They're like a family. What if they don't like me?"

Richard scoffs and shakes his head. "Kid, you got me to like you. You can make anyone like you."

"Wow, you agree with me and admit to like me all in one day, this is one for the history books."

"Stop trying to change the subject," Richard tells her and Devyn slouches in her seat. "You'll be fine, kid, stop worrying. Won't change anything anyway."

Devyn runs her partner's words through her head over and over for the rest of the day. There's no point in worrying. And she already knows Derek and he seems to like her, so the others should too...right?

After fixing her hair, Devyn straightens her shirt before grabbing her jacket and bag. She leaves her apartment, giving Bill a wide birth when she passes by him. She's not sure what difference it makes to smoke in the hallway right outside his apartment but she doesn't plan on asking.

The restaurant isn't too far. Devyn sits in her car for longer than she'd like to admit before climbing out. Spencer sees her first when she enters the building. From what she can tell, everyone else is already there. He stands from his seat and makes his way over to greet her with a quick kiss.

"Hey,"

"Hi," Devyn whispers back with a bright smile. "I'm not nervous at all." She says sarcastically.

But before Spencer can respond, a new voice speaks up. "Hello, let me be the first," Turning, Devyn sees a blonde woman standing next to her, her hand held out. "Penelope Garcia."

"Devyn Miller," The young woman answers kindly and accepts the handshake. "I've heard good things."

"Well, in that case, they're all true," Garcia says cheerily and Devyn laughs, glancing up at Spencer. "Come, come."

The young couple follow the bubbly blonde back to the table where the others wait eagerly. Morgan stands, giving Devyn a quick hug before sitting back down, giving the others a chance to introduce themselves.