One, Two, Three, Four

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

There's a surprise for you guys this chapter

Words: 1,575

__________

When Spencer wakes to a cold bed, he groans grumpily and peels his eyes open. As he suspected, Devyn is nowhere in sight. He can't remember the last time one of them wasn't out of the bed way before the other. Pardon him if he wants to spend his morning cuddling with his girlfriend. Wait, no, fiancée. That brings the smile back to Spencer's face.

"What are you grinning about in here?" Devyn's voice reaches his ears from the doorway. Spencer stretches his head up to see her leaning against the frame, smiling at him.

"Was just thinking," Spencer mumbles while sitting up, wincing when it pulls on his stitches.

"You've been doing that a lot lately, huh?" Devyn pushes off the wall and moves to help fix his sling. "Only good things, I hope."

"Thinking about this," Spencer grabs Devyn's left hand and rubs his thumb over the engagement ring resting on her finger.

"Regrets?" Devyn jokes and Spencer shakes his head, lifting her hand to his lips.

"Never,"

"Good, because I made breakfast," Devyn stands from the bed and grabs tightly to Spencer's to pull him to his feet.

"Ah, that's where you went," Spencer mumbles and removes his hand from Devyn's and wraps it around her waist from behind before burying his face in her neck. "I wanted to lay in bed with you."

"Tomorrow morning we can stay in bed all day, I promise." Devyn turns her head towards Spencer when he rests his chin on her shoulder.

"I'll hold you to that," He says before kissing her and standing straight, leading the way into the kitchen.

********

"So we've got a comedy and a comedy," Devyn looks between the two movie options, her lips shoved to the side in a thoughtful expression. "You choose." The young woman sets the remote in Spencer's lap before jumping off the couch and heading into the kitchen.

"Oh, no," Spencer turns his head when he hears Devyn's exclamation.

"What?" He calls back to her, watching as she rejoins him with a pout on her lips.

"We're out of popcorn," She frowns and Spencer can't help but chuckle. "How is that funny?"

"You're just adorable," Spencer tells her with a wide grin. "Come on, we don't need popcorn."

"Yes, Spence, we do. I do," Devyn corrects. She's not normally so picky but...she really wants popcorn, okay? "I'll just run down to the corner store and pick some up real quick." She shrugs while grabbing a few dollars from her wallet. "I'll be twenty minutes, tops."

Spencer opens his mouth to argue but purses his lips and sighs instead. "I'll come with you."

"Nope," Devyn pops the 'p' at the end of the word and shakes her head. "You're injured and I'll be super quick. Promise."

"Fine," Spencer sighs with mock annoyance and settles deeper into the couch.

"Aw, I'll be back before you know it," Devyn leans over the back of the couch and kisses Spencer's cheek before turning towards the door and her shoes. "I'll get you airheads!" She shouts back before closing the door behind her and heading down the stairs.