You're The One

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Words: 1,967

__________

Devyn hadn't realized how much better getting dressed up would make her feel. She might not be a big girly girl, but there's nothing wrong with putting a dress on every once and a while. She likes it if it's on rare occasions. Such as date night.

Spencer has been looking forward to this. More so than herself, Devyn thinks.

Blowing out a puff of air, Devyn looks around the bedroom for earrings. "Ah," She hums when her gaze zeros in on the small pieces of jewelry resting on Spencer's nightstand. She remembers now, that's where she set them when she took them off the night before.

Reaching for them, Devyn rolls her eyes when she knocks one off. She puts one in her ear before crouching down to find the other one. When she doesn't find it on the ground, she looks up to see the nightstand drawer cracked open.

Reaching forward, Devyn grasps the handle and opens the drawer, reaching in to grab her earring. She moves to place it in her other ear when something catches her eye. Eyebrows furrowing, Devyn grabs the small slip of paper resting by itself and turns it over.

"Hey, Dev, you-" Spencer's voice cuts itself off and his footsteps stop at the door. "Uh-wh-what are you doing?"

"You kept this?" Spinning around, Devyn holds the paper she'd used to write her number on the day she gave it to him. That seems like years ago now.

"Oh, uh," Spencer's shoulders deflate and he nods. "Yeah, couldn't bring myself to throw it out."

"That's sweet," Devyn smiles. "I think."

"It's sweet," Spencer nods and Devyn laughs before putting the paper back in its place and closing the drawer.

"You okay? You look a little pale." Devyn rests her palm against Spencer's cheek when she reaches him and he nods, leaning into her touch. "Alright, I'm good to go."

"Me too," Wrapping an arm around her waist, Spencer leads Devyn from the apartment and outside before they drive to the restaurant.

"Reservation for two, Reid," Devyn lets her eyes roam the interior of the building while Spencer speaks to the host. She smiles at them and nods before leading them to their table. Devyn can't remember the last time she ate somewhere so fancy. It's not her and Spencer's normal scene.

"This is nice, I'm glad we're doing this,"

"Yeah, me too," Spencer sighs before clearing his throat and looking down at the menu. Devyn smiles when he licks his lips and pushes a strand of hair behind his ear. Two nervous ticks of his.

"Aw, look at that," Devyn smiles and nods a few tables down to an older couple. Well, an old couple. Not that she knows they've been together for a long time, but she chooses to believe they have. The man has trouble reaching his fork across the table, but he does it, offering his wife a piece of his cake. "You're the only person I could see myself doing that with."

"Doing what with?" Spencer questions, turning back to her.

"Growing old with," Devyn answers simply, her smile soft but so full of love Spencer feels as if he'll explode. "Just don't feed me, I can do that myself."

"You mean that?"

"Yes, Spencer, I'm pretty sure I can feed myself."

"No, I-" Spencer closes his eyes and shakes his head, fighting the grin pulling at his lips. "I meant, do you really...want to grow old with me?"