Chapter 21

I think I stayed like that for too long and the next minute I was up, Jason was squeezing the life out of me. "Kids, bathroom." Nancy, the new nanny, commanded.

"I am not showering with a girl." Jason wined running out the door which caused Sheila to start crying. She didn't even finish hugging me. "Gotcha! gotcha!" He laughed pointing at his sister.

"Jason stop being mean to your sister." I chastised.

"Sorry." She stopped crying and hugged him making me laugh. For a moment there, I forgot the pendora box about to bring a daisy chain of whatever kind of hell he saw fit.
***

I did not feel like talking much, but the kids did cheer me up earlier. I wanted to tell Dean about it, because we had made a new pact and it said no keeping secrets, even if it is in  good faith. But the way Patrick behaved, I mean he never exactly threatened me to  not tell Dean, in fact, he wanted me to , but his actions held an underlying danger, Mystery an it was bloody. He expected Dean to lose his mind and I couldn't have that.

"Should I tell him? Should I not tell him?" these two questions wrestled in my head until it was pounding. "Honey, you okay." The sound of his voice actually startled me. I was daydreaming and had forgotten I was at the table. I hadn't touched my food while everyone else was almost done with theirs. I had zoned out big time.

"Can I please talk to you?" I asked not giving him a chance to anything. I did not have my appetite, he wasn't going to finish his meal in peace.

"Ss-sure." He had said looking at the remaining food with so much longing that I had to feel offended because that was exactly how he looked at me. Every damn time. I mouthed an "ew" and he just smirked...He knew what he was doing. With a hidden - from - the - kids eye roll, We both excused ourselves and left for the office. On the way there, I made up my mind to only give him the message, the only thing that would not make the situation spiral out of control. I decided to leave out the explicit scenes where he touched me inappropriately , because I did not want to be pitied again and in the glass tower, trust me that was Dean's idea of keeping me safe. Oh and bringing security and staying home to breathe down your neck every second. Just the thought gave me goosebumps.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I moisturized my lips looking at the floor. Here goes the peace of his mind "Patrick was here. "I said just a little above the whispers and just like expected, his reaction was scary. His face paled instantly a bunch of veins jutting out of his neck.

" Did you call the cops? Why did you not tell  me about this? Are you crazy."He just snapped. I should have seen it coming, I mean he looked like Jason before one of his unnecessary hissy fits. I scoffed not believing him.

"I am sorry I freaked out because some crazy  best friend of my husband's popped up on my bedroom door without calling first. Don't take it out on me. Do not yell at me " there was pindrop silence and I watched the anger and frustration melt away from his face. Then he was back to my Dean. Damn Patrick did know how too well.

" I am so sorry honey, I am not yelling at you, I am just yelling here, in your space. I am so sorry, I should have asked if you were okay, are you okay baby?" I nodded and with a sigh he pulled me into a hug.

" I don't know,I don't know how I feel. "I shook my head answering him honestly.

" I am so sorry I wasn't here. "He whispered. I shut my eyes inhaling his intoxicating scent. It actually calmed me down that I wanted to shut my eyes and sleep, but it still felt nice to have to hear the rhythm of his heart beating, beating.

" I am okay now. "I felt my my lips stretching into a smile."He was just off though, he accused me of ruining his life again and threatened to make me suffer. He also told me to tell you that he is done hiding his feelings. What the hell was he talking about ? Infinity? "I asked. Or was it Jupiter or the resort or the bank. I added the list in my head. When he did not say anything for a long time, I pulled away looking into his eyes. Then I saw the hard look on his face. He was a second away from breaking his face.