Chapter 27

Sharon
We all got to the dining room. I was ordered to sit and pretend that I was okay, whilst Dean was ordered to take Jason outside. Patrick had said it was time for the big guys to talk business, So he personally escorted Dean outside with a gun pointed at his butt.

After the door was shut, the special negotiator who had been brought called again and asked him what he wanted in exchange for the paramedics to come and take a look at Dean but Patrick told the man that if he did not stop annoying him, he would walk out there and shoot him in the ass.The phone finally stopped ringing. I bet they finally decided to not negotiate with the terrorist. Even if they had not, it would not have made any difference, because the paranoid psycho broke the phone.

Then smiling innocently, he approached with Dean beside him. Dean would not stop looking at me and I could not keep my eyes off of him either.  It pained my heart to see that he had blood all over  his shirt. No wonder they wanted to check up on him. I wanted to run into his arms and hug him but Zhela gave me the stink eye.

I quickly recalled her pep talk right before the guys came in. She had held the gun to my head and told me to make sure that Patrick did not know the dose of kicks she had given me earlier. I was to say I fell down and broke a hip or something. Otherwise, he would kill Dean. I knew she loved him but I couldn't risk it. Not with those lunatics anyway. So I sat back on my painful ass looking at Dean longingly.

"So, how do we do this?" Patrick broke the silence. He looked calm, so calm you wouldn't tell he was the nutcase who just threatened the police less than a minute before.

"SIMPLE. Dean for the skank. "Zhela spat venomously. She still hated me.

"Sweet. "Patrick accepted. Shoved Dean forward and Zhela came to force me up. I couldn't stand up straight, so like a poor old lady, I walked towards my doom, wincing every step of the way.

Everything was going smoothly, Dean had calmed the psycho down and we had agreed to never to never try to make contact with the other. Zhela had accepted to take Dean far away and Patrick, I had nl idea where we were going to go. I didn't care as long as I see a doctor. I was dying.

Everything came to an end and Zhela, was smiling satisfied with Dean beside her. She thought she had won and gracefully put away her gun then turned to go upstairs. Where were they going?  I was still looking at Dean when Patrick tried to touch me and I winced.

His eyes turned dark as they searched for Zhela. "I said safe and sound does this look safe to you?" Zhela panicked and tried to grab her gun but she was too late. He shot her legs,one after the other. Then I thought he would stop there but he did not plan on letting them go at all. Judging from the sadistic smile on his face, he planned on double-crossing Zhela from the very beginning. "I have so wanted to do that for a long time." He snorted. I was still in shock when he turned to Dean who was equally frenzied.

"And you are lying!" Patrick aimed his gun at  My Dean. I couldn't let him hurt the love of my life so I jumped in front of him. "Move!" came an order.

"No!" I defied. "I will do anything. Just let him go, please let him go." I pleaded. He actually put away his gun and took my face in his hand. He wiped away my tears with his bloody hands and oh God he smelled horrible.

"You know I would do anything for you." He pulled me into a sick possessive hug and I didn't resist, because he was crazy. And I kind of just said I would do anything he wanted. I was still fighting the urge to puke my intestines out, when I felt his breath burning my ears."But he has to go!"  He whispered and before I could react, I heard gun shots.

He shot my husband and I couldn't even see where because he refused to let go of me. I fought to my capabilities but I was weaker than ever. "shhh! Now it is just the two of us." I heard another gunshot and  everything went dark.
*****
I woke up and my dad was beside me looking at me like I was broken. Where did that come from? I had already forgiven my husband and if he came to scold me for not valuing myself, then I was not in the mood. I loved Dean with all my heart and that was all that mattered.