Chapter 10

Sharon

I was almost falling asleep when his car pulled over. I opened the door and stepped out
Leaning against the car, I saw Merlin get out too. "Are you Okay?" in a blink of an eye, he was embracing me with all he got. "I am so sorry, I am so sorry I left you alone." he said then sniffled as if he was crying. As he continued to pamper me like that, I just  broke down. "Go on, let it all out" he encouraged and I did. I cried until I felt lighter.

"Do you want to tell me what is going on?" he asked, softly.

"Haven't you heard? Everyone at the resort did ." I snorted. I wasn't entirely sure if anyone deciphered the necklace fiasco and learned that my husband was a cheating dick, and I do pray that they did not because I was tired of drama, which Deam seemed to love dragging me into,constantly.

"I wasn't at the party. I left earlier to prepare myself for this huge conference I have tomorrow... today, since it is one minute after midnight." he said casually.

"I am sorry,I disturbed you. I just didn't know who else to call, all my friends are either his friends or brothers or sisters or sister-in- law." I pouted. Feeling confused.

"It is okay. You can always call me anytime. Because only I know how to get you all toothy. Come on." he started pulling me towards his car. I followed looking at him for an explanation.

"Where are we going?" I whispered after he got me seated on the passenger's seat.

"You will see." He had a mischievous smile plastered on his lips. He sat on the driver's seat and started the car. We drove for a while in total silence until he finally spoke, "Almost there. " He announced smiling. We had gone for something like ten minutes, give or take. I didn't say anything just gazed ahead as we entered the national museum.

"A museum, in the middle of the night?" I creased my brows as he undid my seatbelt. We both got out at the same time then he came to my side since it was where the entrance was.

"Well, I would take you to my house but let us face it, your husband will kill me. I can't take you back home because I think you have a small squabble with him, this is the only place I can think of. And it is calming too. Come on, It is nice, you will see ." He held my hands and we walked inside.

We walked for hours and it was indeed calming. We reached a clearing with a huge rock and I sat on it. Merlin immediately did the same, right beside me. We didn't say anything for a few minutes, we just gazed into nothing.

"Dean cheated on me." I exhaled.

"What?" He asked, he sounded pretty astonished.

"He cheated with Zhela again." I chuckled wiping a line of tear that dropped from my eyes. I had no idea why I was still crying,you know.

I ended up narrating to him everything. Even the first time he cheated with her. At the end, we were both crying. I couldn't stop because it was painful but I had no idea why he was crying or why his fists were shaking with so much rage.

"Let's go!" He ordered, already grabbing my hands with his large ones. I still didn't want to go home yet. "Why didn't you tell me, why would you let him do that to you over and over and you still stayed with him?"

"I-I thought he would change. I loved him, I love him so much, so I stayed. Then we had Miranda and Jason and Sheila. How am I not to stay? How am I supposed to quit that?" I asked sobbing emotionally. I loved Dean, with all my heart and it hurts that he betrayed after knowing all that.

I was to pull it together and I that is when we left. He drove quietly after asking me to take a nap. I could not sleep even for a second because he was overspeeding. "Please slow down?"