Chapter 8

Sharon

Sunday came way faster than I would have loved. I still hadn't shopped for a dress. I had no time to.I was always busy with the kids and quite frankly, I didn't want to go anywhere with Patrick following me around like a lost puppy. So I decided to just pick out a dress from my old collection.

That did not go well too.

One second I was busy not getting the right dress and the next, I was waking up to Dean nudging me to dress up quickly. I hadn't even showered yet. But I could not complain because it was my fault.

After lunch, I was trying to pick out a dress, Non was suitable for an office party: either, the dress was way too long or too short, or too tight and others were just too baggy. I got so exhausted and decided to take a five-second nap  to re-energize. Only that I ended up sleeping for hours.

"I am so sorry Baby, I will be quick, I promise." Dean rolled his eyes at that. It was not the first time he had heard that from me and, the result was the opposite. All right, I will prove to him that even women can be swift.

I started by scurrying to the bathroom but had to stop when our bedroom door was opened and Jason walked in, his attention focused on Dean's tablet. He paused for a second looking at me, "morning mommy." Jason greeted smugly, before refocusing on the tab. He was still too young to start throwing sarcasms while smirking.

I wanted to reproach his behavior, but Dean motioned for me to get moving. I huffed loudly, "Deal with that, right now or I will." I ordered before leaving.

"All right and I already have an outfit out for you." I instantly started smiling.

"Thank you bab." I gave him a quick kiss, before finally entering the bathroom. I stripped out of my sundress and stood under the warm water. I did really quickly and went to the dressing room. I saw the dress on my table, I should have seen that color coming. Hewas wearing a navy blue shirt for God's sake. He had to make us match.

I had no time to admire it, so I just went ahead to blow-dry my hair. I ran my fingers on the texture smiling. My smile was quickly reduced into a frown on seeing Dean's coat on my chair. I grabbed it and a small box fell off it. I cursed as I picked it up. Being always the curio fella, I opened it and almost drooled at the beautiful jewelry in it. A pair of earrings and necklace on the upper layer . The necklace got my attention because of the inscription my love engraved on it.

"Aww!" I smiled. I heard footsteps and hurriedly placed it back. If he had not asked me to wear them, he must had forgotten. Or, it was a surprise. Even better.
I pretend to be very serious. He stood by the door for a few minutes, then he walked further in." Need my help?"

"Sure." I agree handing him the blow drier. He had perfected his skills over the years so his art work was exquisite. I thanked him before doing final touches on my makeup. Then I put the dress on. I just found myself smiling. I absolutely loved it. He had picked a nude four inches heels to match with the faux-wrap glitter - knit navy formal long prom dress. The slit was way up to my thighs.

"God, you look amazing! "He literally drooled.

" You have spectacular taste. "I laughed because he was now in front of me planting kisses all over me. And he had that look.

"Do you think we have a moment to...."I shook my head no. I knew that look very well .

" We can't be late. "I knew very well where that moment was going to take us. I  began walking towards the door and he chuckled." we  better get going. "I purred and he shook his head.

" You are enjoying this, aren't you?"

" No. Of course not."I played innocent, flattering my perfectly made lashes." I want you too. But tardiness is not exactly an impression I want to give on my first meeting. "