Chapter 23

Sharon
I barely slept that night. Every time I closed my eyes, I would see Patrick pinning me against my very own door in the most unromantic way and I was left to wonder how it was that I only attracted the kooks.

Dean was sleeping peaceful and for once I let him. I let myself out of his arms grabbed a rob and threw it on. Then I took my phone and left. I went to the office, I needed something technical to get my mind off the simple ugly fact that I was at the mercy of a nutcase. I had agreed to leaving but I wasn't going to leave Miranda behind. Whatever happened, she was still my daughter. I hope that the phase she was in passes so she can opene up and talk about what was bothering her. It had been a month and she refused to video chat, after I threatened to drive a team of specialists for intervention, she started calling but at night only.

She sounded different, but she said it was pressure of the exams. I missed her, she used ti be so jovial, so loving, what happened to her? I should call her. I wanted to but then checking the time, it was pretty late so I let it go. I sat behind the table and took a moment to text her. I told her that we were leaving the country and I reminded her to always be careful.

She texted back immediately.M: I am always careful. Please don't leave without me. My exams will be over in two weeks.
I smiled at the text. She was coming back into the daughter I once knew.
Me :Okay baby. We will wait for you. Please take good care of yourself.

M:I will. Goodnight.

Wow, that was the longest we had talked and it was great. I decided to go sleep now. On my way to the bedroom, she texted a see you soon and I smiled. I passed by the kid's room and nothing unusual was happening, they were peacefully sleeping. Then I went to Dean. Still fast asleep, I see.

Dean
It had been about a month and we were still here, want to know why? Well, Miranda. She said her exams had been carried forward, that the timetable changed. It was okay with me because my compound was like a barrack or something. It was oozing security until Sharon complained, but she let it go because it was for the best. Over that period of time, I realized that Sharon still hadn't forgiven my sister or my brother yet. I could tell that by the way she kept avoiding them.

Every time Sheila came over, she excused herself and left and I feel bad because I wanted us to be okay again, but I Couldn't push her. We messed up as a family and the fact that she decided to forgive me after all the crap I put her through, was a miracle. We just had to give her time to get over everything. Hell I missed the time they used to gang against me. I didn't like it then but now, I would give anything to have that.

I was about to sit down and have some work actually done, when the door flew open. The horrific look on my son's face had me scurrying up. The only thought on my mind was that Patrick had come, but then I remembered that my kids didn't know that their uncle was the embodiment of evil.

"What happened?" I asked, the crazy theories could tear my mind to pieces.

"It is mommy, she is getting sick again." I heard Jason and well I know how to handle this nowadays, so I ran up the stairs as he followed. I got to our room and to the bathroom and she was passed out on the floor. Did I say I knew how to deal with that?

I was wrong.

Seeing my wife passed out cold on the floor sent  me into a panic mode. I couldn't breath, I could move, I was frozen for a second. Until I remembered that my son had always looked upto me like a superhero. I couldn't let him down. I forced my legs into motion and got down on my knees.

" Honey?"I called trying to feel her pulse.I did not hear anything and" Oh No ." You know what came into my mind, that Patrick got her. He killed her. I put my head on her chest and I felt it rise and fall faintly . She is alive. I probably was thinking the worst and that was why I missed it.