[Regulus Black]~ Blind love

this is a request by @carlarosebutterfly hope you enjoy it!

---------------------------------------\\---------------------------------------------

FOURTH YEAR

"Okay, we're here. Are you sure you will be alright?" my brother asked as he stopped, probably by the entrance of my common room. I sighed aloud, in a joking tone.
"Remus, I've been in this school for four years and nothing has ever happened to me." I said and heard Remus huff in annoyance.
"That most certainly was not my question."
I heard a laugh from somewhere behind me, which I linked to Sirius as his footsteps came closer.
"C'mon Moony, she's more than capable of going back to her dorm, she will be fine." Sirius said and I smirked.
"Yeah, for once, Black is right." I said and heard a choir of laughs, linking them to my brother's friends.
"Yeah Moony, for the first time in forever, Sirius and your sister are agreeing with each other, just listen to them." James said and Remus sighed.
"Alright, alright, but be careful, okay?"
I smiled brightly as I grabbed my cane. "Of course, but only if you are careful as well." I said and turned to the entrance of my common room, hearing the riddle, and hurrying to answer it, so I could go back to my dorm as quick as possible.
I entered the common room, my head feeling immediately more relaxed as the noise from outside died down and I was met with only the quite murmurs that filled the common room and the crippling from the fireplace. I heard footsteps approaching, knowing that it was the Ravenclaw perfect Remus had asked to help me while I was in the common room.
"Hi." Margot said softly as she laid a hand on my shoulder and I smiled.
"Hi Margot."
"So, do you want to hang out today? You could meet some other Ravenclaws. I promise you will love my friends." She said and I sighed. Margot was very nice, and she tried her hardest to always include me, but I knew that most people only saw me as an obstacle and tended to make fun of me behind my back, so I always denied.
"Oh, that's really kind of you, but I'd rather get to my dorm. I'm really sorry." I said, and from the way I felt Margot's hand lose its grip, I knew that she was sad at the way I had turned her down, but there was nothing I could do about it.
Margot silently led me to my dorm, waiting for me to enter the room and sit comfortably in bed before she went away.
"Thank you Margot." I said softly as she closed the door and heard her sigh.
"Don't mention it."

(...)

I was walking out of my Herbology class alone, since Remus and his friends were having a test and I didn't want to bother Margot. Besides, I could say I knew my way around the school pretty well, for someone who had never actually seen the corners of the castle.
I heard footsteps somewhere close to me and I grabbed my wand, just in case.
The footsteps became softer as they crept closer to me and walked steadily, by my side, but still with some distance.
"Whoever you are, I know you are walking with me." I said softly and heard them gasp.
"Right, sorry. I just... Really wanted to talk to you?" they said, and from the voice I could tell it was a boy, probably my age. I knew I had heard that voice somewhere in one of my classes.
"Well, we can talk alright. What's your name?" I asked and heard his breath get caught up in his throat.
"I'd rather not tell you." He said after a small silence.
"But how am I going to find you then?" I asked and heard him sigh.
"I will have to find you first then."

The mysterious man kept walking with me around the school, leading me up some stairs and stopping in a room that felt rather high.
"I brought you to the astronomy tower, I know you can't enjoy the view, but it's a somewhat quiet place, not many people come up here during the day so, I figured we could come up here." He said from beside me before he helped me seat down and began talking quietly.
"I heard your brother, and his friends are usually very protective of you." He said in a conversational tone, and I sighed.
"Ever since I became blind my brother has been protective, coming to Hogwarts just made it worse." I said before I hurried to add. "I love him to death, but still, sometimes it gets too overwhelming."
"Wait, so you weren't born blind?" he asked, and I shook my head with a small laugh.
"I was eight or so when I became blind. My mum is a muggle, so we are not that well-seen in the wizarding community. I was cursed one day when I was walking around alone. I was lucky my brother found me in time..." I said softly and heard him sigh.
"I'm really sorry. I had no idea." He apologized but I waved him off easily.
"Oh, it was not your fault. Besides, if I gained back my sight, I wouldn't know how to handle it, I've been blind for most of my life, so getting my sight back would be more of a hassle than a blessing." I explained and heard him hum in agreement.
"I can see where you are coming from, but let me tell you, you're missing out on a great sight." He said and I rose an eyebrow.
"Which sight?"
"Me." He said confidently and I laughed slightly as I heard him stand up. "C'mon, I'll walk with you to your next class. If that's okay with you?"
"Yes, of course." I agreed as I placed my hand on the crook of his elbow and let him lead me.
"My next class is charms." I informed as we made our way downstairs and he hummed in agreement.
"Mine is Defence. I'll walk to charms anyway."
I smiled softly as we walked, and I noticed that the path felt differently.
"Are we taking shortcuts?" I asked and heard him chuckle.
"We are. How did you know?" he asked, and I smiled.
"Well, when you lose one of your senses, your other senses tend to be heightened, let's say I felt it." I explained as he came to a stop.
"Well, we're here. It was very pleasant to talk to you." He said in a hurried tone, and I smiled at him.
"It really was. Come find me again when you have the time." I said and heard him hum.
"I will see you soon."