[Harry Potter] ~ Pride and Prejudice

Hello! This is a request from @unholytoxin and it is a bit different because, for one, some parts of the story were actually written by her! I hope you enjoy it and I really hope I got it right! <3

FOURTH YEAR

Either my brain had shrunk considerably, or Matilda was speaking nonsense, and given how well I knew my best friend, I was inclined to believe the last option was the correct one.
Not two words out of her mouth had made sense until right about now, and I sincerely doubted there were any to come.
But, she was my best friend, had been since we stepped into the halls of this school, and I had to at least pretend to listen to her.
In all fairness to her, we had barely seen each other this summer, and we did have a lot to catch up on, but I had gotten up incredibly early and I had planned to sleep through the journey back to Hogwarts.
Matilda put her hand on my knee, squeezing it, "Are you okay?"
I nodded my head slowly, focusing my eyes on her.
"Yeah, just spaced out a little, I'm fine."
Matilda narrowed her eyes, She knew me as well as I knew the back of my hand, so it was safe to assume she had figured I was lying.
"Really?" She asked, her tone daring me to lie to her once more. I wouldn't do it.
"I didn't sleep much," I said with a sigh, and Matilda nodded her head.
"Anything to do with a special boy?"
I scoffed at Matilda's words before I answered. "I'm not like a certain someone, who dreamt of Lupin every single night last year." 
Matilda blushed to the tip of her ears at the mention of our former professor.
Remus Lupin, our DADA professor who, from the moment he stepped into our classroom last year, had made Matilda all giddy and blushing. Lupin was a handsome man, albeit all his scars -maybe those scars added to his charm, they certainly seemed to appease Matilda- and on top of being handsome, he was intelligent, exceedingly so and he was genuinely nice. And Matilda, true to herself, had been completely besotted because her professor showed her the attention a professor was required to show his pupils.
And our friends, especially me, had gone to town with that information. We had the time of our lives!
Matilda was once again looking at me, her eyebrows up in the air as a teasing smile graced her lips.
"What?"
"You're about as red as Harry's tie. There is a boy involved!"
I rolled my eyes. "I'm not red, you're just trying to get information out of me. I was just remembering how much fun it was to see you turn into a fumbling mess whenever Lupin was near."

And she had shattered my bubble.
Harry Potter.
I didn't hate him, in fact, I didn't think I had it in me to properly hate anyone, but Harry was annoying, and I could barely stand to be in his company, except when I was forced to by our professors, who unfortunately tended to partner us more often than not.
For some reason, from the moment we met, we formed a weird acquaintance, with the two of us constantly exchanging sarcastic remarks with one another.
Our friends were clearly tired of this, but it's not like that had ever stopped us.
"Why would you mention that... thing?" I asked as I crossed my arms, "Now if I do fall asleep, I'll see his snout in my nightmares."
"Thing?" Matilda laughed incredulously, "If you gave him a chance you'd realize Harry is not as bad as you paint him to be."
"Well," I began, flipping my hair over my shoulder, "if he gave me a chance, he'd see I'm actually not as bad as he paints me. This street goes both ways, Dimarco."
Matilda rolled her eyes at me, sighing deeply, "I'm telling you, all those remarks and petty fights? That's pent-up tension between you two."
"The only tension between me and Potter is the tension of my fist making contact with his face."
"Getting violent there, Cohen. Tone it down, you'd never hit anyone."
I grumbled as I leaned back against my seat, "Maybe Potter would be my first time."

(...)

I had slept through the announcement our Headmaster had made, because I was tired and couldn't really be bothered to listen, figuring he was announcing try-outs for Quidditch teams, but as I watched the sparkle in Matilda's eyes shine brighter and brighter, I turned to Anthony, who was paying this about as much attention as I was and whispered, "Do you have any clue why Matilda's eyes are shining like two diamonds?"
Anthony looked at me, shaking his head slightly as he exhaled sharply. "Good Rowena, Cohen, you'd better start paying attention." I rolled my eyes, pinching his thigh and Anthony narrowed his eyes, "Apparently they're bringing back the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and we have students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang coming over."
I looked at Matilda, and took in all her eagerness and her enormous smile, before I took a look at Terry, and saw the way he was almost crying.
"Don't tell me they're canceling Quidditch for this?" I asked and Anthony nodded.
"Yup," he looked briefly over at me, "rock paper scissors to see who has to console him?"
"Not fair, I'll be listening to Matilda and handling Terry if I lose."
"Live a little, Cohen."
"All right Goldstein, let's go. Best of three?" Anthony nodded and we silently began our game.
I won the first round.
Anthony won the second and, unfortunately for me, he won the last round as well.
Anthony smirked at me. "Good luck handling that one. He's going to be a mess."
"I'm going to pierce my skull with a quill." I threatened, half-joking, and Anthony shook his head.
"You won't." He began as he smiled at me, "A quill's too weak. Try something sturdier."
I narrowed my eyes at him, already expecting him to follow up with a filthy punchline, but he didn't, instead, he just smiled. "Now pay attention to Dumbledore."
I turned back to the Headmaster, listening to all he had to say, but what made me stop was that every year fourth and above had to have dance lessons. Mandatory for every single student.
Oh Merlin, what I wouldn't give to have a quill piercing through my skull right now.