[Lee Jordan] ~ Eventful ball

"Hey Macey!" At the call of my surname, I immediately turned around and away from my friends' conversation to see who'd called me.
Upon spying Lee Jordan, proudly striding towards me, showing his Gryffindor colours, I waved my friends away with a smile etched onto my face.
"Hi Jordan! Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked and he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.
"About that..." he muttered a simple charm and handed me a beautiful yellow rose. I took a sniff of it and quietly thanked him, tucking the flower behind my ear. "I take it that you've heard of the Yule Ball?" I nodded at him with a smile. Helga, was he really going to do what I think he was about to?
"Would you like to be my date? You see, I am an incredibly talented dancer, and it would be a shame to waste my dance skills by not having a date." he said cockily, and I shook my head.

"So, you basically want someone who will share your hate for dance and would rather stay seated and chat?" I teased as I giggled and Lee laughed.
"Godric, love, you saw right through me." he shot me a charming smile, as his face was painted with a colour that could definitely match his tie. I never thought I would live to see Lee blush. "So, what do you say?"
"I'll be more than glad to put your dance skills to test." Lee smiled brightly and took my hand, placing a kiss on it, looking right into my eyes, making me turn beet red.
Apparently he wasn't the only one who was blushing.
"Then, you will surely see me, M' Lady." he straightened up and went for the twins, looking back to share a smile with me as my friends gathered around me.

"Helga, you lot really are a bunch of curious cats. Didn't you know that curiosity killed the cat?" I asked as they giggled.
"But satisfaction brought it back. Now, we demand to know everything!" Malia squealed excitedly and I smiled.
"Later, I will tell you, I promise."

(...)

Something that I had severely underestimated was how hard it was it would be to find the perfect dress and shoes that fit me nicely and matched. It was much harder than I could've possibly imagine, and making it even harder, my mom was buying them for me, which took an unnecessary huge amount of time.
From all the dresses she'd sent me to try on, I'd chosen a beautiful burgundy dress and matching burgundy shoes.
"Macey, your dress is positively the most beautiful dress I've ever seen in my entire life." Annabelle complimented and I smiled. I took a look at the shoes, and once I noticed how tall they were, my smile immediately dropped. Helga, there was no way I'd be able to even stand, let alone walk or dance in those.
"What won't enter that list will be me walking around in these." I said lifting the heels for them to see as they laughed at me.
Sighing, I put everything in the box they had come in and put it on top of my trunk. I waved at my dorm mates as I made my way out of the dorm. "I'm gonna meet up with Lee, see you later."

Before they thought of teasing me, I was out of their sight and hurrying towards the Black Lake.
When I was near the place, I immediately spotted Lee, who was looking at the lake.
Creeping up behind him, I hugged him from behind, which made him jump in frighten. After recovering from the frighten I'd caused him, he returned the hug.
"You were quite distracted by the lake." I commented as we pulled away slightly from each other.
"I was actually thinking of you, my love."
I blushed crimson at his words and giggled. "I bet you say that to every girl." I teased and he smiled cheekily.
"Why would I need to tell other girls this, when the one I'm in love with is always with me?"

(...)

The night of the Yule Ball had arrived, and Lee and I had agreed to meet in front of his common room.
It had took me a grand total of two and a half hours to get ready and look exactly how I wanted, but those hours had been worth it, because modesty aside, I looked gorgeous.
I was supposed to meet Lee in front of his common room, just because I wanted to walk around a little to see if I could get a little more used to the high heels on my feet.
As I waited in front of the agog portrait, who had been bombarding me with compliments and -surprise, surprise- a lot of questions, I looked around, trying to not let my tether reach its end.