Part 25

The awakening is nowhere near as pleasant as how they fell asleep.

Jeanne topples out of the bed when her alarm suddenly starts blaring, scaring the shit out of Conrad and Charlotte, who both bolt upright.

Conrad immediately goes on the defensive, her bright eyes glowing as she tries to find the offending object.

Charlotte is snarling, half-shifted.

They're all a little hungover as well, which makes things worse.

Jeanne is tangled in the sheets as she tries to stand up, and by the time she manages to get herself up, the phone with the screeching alarm has been turned off and thrown across the room.

"You never said you had set the alarm," Conrad breathes, pressing a hand to her forehead as she leans against the pillows behind her, trying to calm herself down.

"I forgot I had set one," Jeanne whispers, her face pale as she tries to turn on the lights.

They had gone shopping yesterday once Conrad was deemed alright to leave the hospital, so the girls did have clothes for the day.

Charlotte's doctor had come up before they had gotten totally wasted, and they had arranged to have breakfast.

Conrad had her meeting at the same time, and Jeanne had to go to work.

"Breakfast?" Conrad whispers, and Jeanne somehow gets even paler at the thought of food, feeling rather queasy.

They had put some wolfsbane into the vodka to get their wolves tipsy as well, and they all regretted it now.

"I need to shower," Charlotte whispers, and Conrad finds the energy to leap over her friend.

"Me too, bitch, I'll be out in five," she shouts, zipping into the bathroom.

"Boo, you whore," Charlotte calls after her, her voice croaky.

"Are you okay with that? Do you need to get to work?" Charlotte asks weakly, looking at Jeanne, who's laying face-down on the bed.

"It'll be fine, that was my first alarm. It's not even seven thirty yet, I don't have work until 9," she mumbles into the pillow, causing Conrad to strain her ears to hear what she's saying.

"You bitch, I thought it was eight," Charlotte groans, putting her head under one of her pillows to block out the noise of the shower.

Conrad washes her hair as fast as she can, and while she lets her conditioner sit, she shaves her legs. 

She had a bikini wax two days ago in the city, and she's delighted that she did.

She's not expecting to 'get some', as Jeanne had encouraged, but she likes being smooth.

She rinses the conditioner out, squeezing as much water out of her hair as she can.

Conrad pops her hair into a towel, moving on to use the new coconut shower gel they had decided to buy yesterday in the mall. 

She rinses herself off, hopping out of the shower and wrapping herself in one of the lovely, soft hotel towels.

She moisturises her face and her legs, walking back into the bedroom in her towel.

"Char, the shower is free," she declares, turning the light in the room back on.

She knows how much of a perfectionist Charlotte is regarding her looks, and if Charlotte doesn't wake up soon, she'll be late.

Charlotte slowly drags herself out of bed, shivering as the cold air hits her legs.

"Is the water hot?" She mumbles, and Conrad grins, patting her friend's shoulder.