Part 2

The room is entirely silent, and the tension in the room makes the hairs on her arms stand on end.

It makes her skin crawl a little, and she glances around nervously, making firm eye contact with her Luna.

It's going to be okay, she links her, silently letting her claws descend from her nails as she takes on a partial shift.

Her Luna nods, her brow furrowed in worry as she holds her hands over her massive bump.

Footsteps draw closer, and her Alpha and father finally make themselves known in the door frame.

The man in the way makes her father look small, and Silas Rosser is a substantially well-built man.

A bubble of laughter builds up in her chest as she notices this fact, and she manages to hold it in - mostly.

A little giggle escapes her lips, and she claps a clawed hand over her mouth, making sure her claws don't come in contact with her face.

Her father immediately turns to glare at her, but it's useless - the damage has been done.

She gets the inappropriate giggling from her mother, who can't stay serious for too long.

Her Alpha gazes at her in horror, and his eyes widen and then flash.

Luna Anna must be mindlinking him, Jane suggests, her eyes never leaving this mysterious man in their kitchen.

Conrad, that is Alpha Adamo. Alpha of the Fire Wolf pack, her Alpha reminds her urgently, and Conrad's brain draws a complete blank.

She has no idea who this man is, and she actually doesn't even recognise his name, which is odd, because she prides herself on never forgetting any names or faces.

And?, she links back, inwardly cringing as she feels her Alpha's exasperated stare. 

This is the Alpha who went on a rampage last year. The one who killed eighteen soldiers for looking at his sister, Alpha James urges, and Conrad's eyes widen a little.

She remembers hearing about that story - he got tried for the murders and fined an extraordinary amount that would have bankrupted most packs.

She doesn't feel scared of him; she doesn't get afraid of people too easily, even though pretty much everything else intimidates her.

She supposes this might because he isn't releasing any of his dominance, but she ignores the voice in her head telling her that exact information.

The Alpha in question looks furious, and he's looking around the room angrily.

"Is this a joke?" He spits, clenching his fists.

Every vein on his arm is defined, and she can't stop herself from looking at them - she finds hands and arms weirdly hot, and Charlotte, her best friend, always reminds her how strange her liking of them is.

"Alpha Adamo, you'll have to forgive us. Is what a joke?" Alpha James asks, a tinge of nervousness in his voice as he looks up at the other Alpha.

Conrad's joints hurt, probably because of her flu, but it's really all she can focus on while listening to the conversation and setting a timer for the cake.

"Where is my mate?" He demands, slamming his fist against the marble countertop.

Luna Anna gasps and whimpers, her mate quickly crossing the kitchen to stand with her.

"Kids, go to my office," he orders his pups, and they all obediently hurry out of the room, the oldest helping the youngest.

"Alpha Adamo, there is no female Alpha here. The only female of that stature is my mate," James quickly explains, pointing to his mate's mark on his neck.